Hi Everyone-

I am new to android. I just ordered a galaxy s6. I keep hear issues with battery life? Is this an issue or a fix? Also, what type of charging cable does it use?
    04-19-2015 08:35 PM
    Micro usb is used for charging. And its personel opinion but i get great battery life. I am sure you will be happy with it
    04-19-2015 08:42 PM
    Hi Everyone-

I am new to android. I just ordered a galaxy s6. I keep hear issues with battery life? Is this an issue or a fix? Also, what type of charging cable does it use?
    First of all, welcome, Android is a great OS you just need to know that is different and you need to enter to its world with a positive attitude.

Just go to the following thread link and read it well, preferably the part that it talks about what to do with the new phone, do that and disable all apps you won't use and disable Scanning Always available and Smart Network, both on Wifi settings plus turn off the VoLTE and WiFi calling if available until you really need them.

Then follow from there and for the rest of the stuff is optional, just do what you think is best for you, if you don't get a defective device or one with the infamous bugs you should enjoy it to the max.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...y-s6-edge.html
    04-19-2015 08:50 PM
    Thanks! I am assuming I can use any micro USB cable I have laying around? I have so many apple chargers and will need to replace them at (work, car, etc). I am going to give it a good 6 month try and keep a positive attitude it will take a while to get used to.
    04-19-2015 08:54 PM
    Hi Everyone-

First, realize that not everyone is having battery life issues. There appears to be an issue with Google Play Services that affects more devices than just the GS6. Samsung has already pushed out a patch that has helped some and it is expected that AT&T users will be getting an update which appears to have helped some. Battery issues are also made worse by poor signal network strength and other network issue. It charges lightning fast with the rapid charger that comes in the box. It also has wireless charging built in and that works even through a thick case like the Ottebox Defender which doesn't really have that much bulk.
    04-19-2015 08:57 PM
    Thanks! I am assuming I can use any micro USB cable I have laying around? I have so many apple chargers and will need to replace them at (work, car, etc). I am going to give it a good 6 month try and keep a positive attitude it will take a while to get used to.
    You can use a standard micro USB cable with your s6. The best part, is the wireless charger. You can buy a charging pad on Amazon for $15-$25.
    04-19-2015 10:01 PM
    My 1st S6 had a bad battery...after trying the suggestions in various threads on here I returned the phone. My new S6 has great battery life. Nothing to be concerned about.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-19-2015 11:00 PM