I've seen a few bugs with the stock email app. Anyone else encounter these issues, and possibly have a fix?

1) Not downloading all email. Some emails are just missing. Attempts to check for new mail didn't help. I had to delete my account and add it again to get it to re-download my email, and then the mail appeared. This has happened once, and now I'm paranoid I'm going to miss something. I really don't want to constantly use the webmail provided by my ISP to check the stock app is behaving itself.

2) Messages being marked as read when I definitely have not read them. Mail is downloaded and immediately shown with grey background in the app. This appears to be random. Some mail is "read", others are unread. Pretty annoying.

Never had these issues with the S4! I use the stock app to collect mail for 4 different email addresses. I tried the gmail app, but it's UI is frustrating (and I don't like the idea of it forcing me to recognise my gmail address as my "primary" one - I just use it for trash)

This is a brand new galaxy s6 direct from Telstra in Australia, unmodified, not rooted or anything like that.
    04-19-2015 10:24 PM
    I can say I had same problems as number 1.
    My S5 and s6 both did same thing and it would iritate the crappie out of me and never did get it to work consistently so I just moved on to another email app and never tried again. When I got my s6 I did try it again once and it wouldn't even download my emails without messing with it for 5 minutes so I just removed it and used another email app instead. I never could really get it to work right ever.
    I know this doesn't help your situation other than letting you know your not the only one.
    04-19-2015 11:01 PM
    I've seen a few bugs with the stock email app. Anyone else encounter these issues, and possibly have a fix?

1) Not downloading all email. Some emails are just missing. Attempts to check for new mail didn't help. I had to delete my account and add it again to get it to re-download my email, and then the mail appeared. This has happened once, and now I'm paranoid I'm going to miss something. I really don't want to constantly use the webmail provided by my ISP to check the stock app is behaving itself.

2) Messages being marked as read when I definitely have not read them. Mail is downloaded and immediately shown with grey background in the app. This appears to be random. Some mail is "read", others are unread. Pretty annoying.

Never had these issues with the S4! I use the stock app to collect mail for 4 different email addresses. I tried the gmail app, but it's UI is frustrating (and I don't like the idea of it forcing me to recognise my gmail address as my "primary" one - I just use it for trash)

This is a brand new galaxy s6 direct from Telstra in Australia, unmodified, not rooted or anything like that.
    No issues with my stock email app. Did you call tech support to work throught it? Did you check your email account settings? Try deleting your email account and add it again.
    04-20-2015 06:20 AM
    Go to the Play Store and install MyMail. It's a way better UI than the stock email app and it'll allow you to use it for multiple email accounts.
    04-20-2015 06:32 AM
    Nine Exchange mail app is the best by far, gorgeous UI works brilliant but does cost worth every cent.
    04-20-2015 06:44 AM
    I switched to CloudMagic, which is working great.

Call tech support? Hope you're joking about that one jcp007 because I had a good laugh lol. Yes I tried removing/adding, still the same behaviour. The only reason I can think that this might have been happening is that my mail was still setup on my old S4, and the notifications on that phone were marking messages as read (I wasn't actually using that phone at all, only the preview of the mail was showing in notifications, but that isn't opening a mail so shouldn't mark something as read)
    04-22-2015 11:22 PM