Hey guys, I'm loving the phone so far, but there's one thing I just cannot figure out. Whenever I set the stock alarm, and it goes off in the morning, it's always immediately followed by a notification telling me of the weather for the day or week or whatever. It's coming from the stock weather app, which I figured had a setting to stop that, but I can't find it. It also won't let me disable the weather app (not that I'd want to since I like the widget) or even turn off notifications for the weather app. And then I found it also does it with 3rd party alarm apps too - I've tried both Timely and Gentle Alarm and have the same problem. I'm on the AT&T version. Not the biggest issue in the world, but it's kind of annoying, and I'd really like to turn it off - anybody figure out a way to do it yet?
    04-20-2015 07:06 AM
    Not just with alarms. Mine gives me a notification every morning, rather I have an alarm set or not.

Posted using my Galaxy S6 via the Android Central App
    04-20-2015 07:19 AM
    Yeah, mine does this regardless of the alarm being set or not. It seems like the forecast is pushed when you begin interacting with the phone after a long period of inactivity. I like it, so I haven't done any looking to see if it can be disabled.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-20-2015 08:34 AM
    I like this feature, but in earlier thread someone asked this too and all of us who participated looked for a way to turn it off. I don't think it's possible, which is unfortunate for those who don't like that feature. Maybe Samsung will change this in a future update.
    04-20-2015 08:40 AM
    Yea I am new to samsung phones, and this is one big nuisance. I don't know if it would work tomorrow, but I went into apps, and under weather i clicked off and un-clicked notifications. It was in the all apps tabs, and I just went down to weatherdeamon and that was where i saw notifications. Now i do not know if that is it, but I hope that it works.
    04-20-2015 08:56 AM
    Not sure if this is it or not but after I turned off weather on my lock screen I stopped getting the morning notification. Its only been one day though since I turned it off so I may be wrong but I didn't get it this morning.
    Hey guys, I'm loving the phone so far, but there's one thing I just cannot figure out. Whenever I set the stock alarm, and it goes off in the morning, it's always immediately followed by a notification telling me of the weather for the day or week or whatever. It's coming from the stock weather app, which I figured had a setting to stop that, but I can't find it. It also won't let me disable the weather app (not that I'd want to since I like the widget) or even turn off notifications for the weather app. And then I found it also does it with 3rd party alarm apps too - I've tried both Timely and Gentle Alarm and have the same problem. I'm on the AT&T version. Not the biggest issue in the world, but it's kind of annoying, and I'd really like to turn it off - anybody figure out a way to do it yet?
    04-20-2015 09:01 AM