Best buy free wireless charger problems

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Some reason it keeps blinking blue and sometimes it turns off completely. No lights. This is the Samsung charger they offer with the deal. Any ideas?

baldingone

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
If you have a case it may be blocking the connection, no lights = no charge, or charging is complete. I believe the blinking means you have notifications.

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
What a deal, BestBuy was charging over 100.00 dollars more for the phone off contract than the carriers, and if you get your plan through them they were charging more for that too. As far as chargers are concerned, I stick to ones that have 3 charging cores instead of just one, you don't have to be precise when placing the phone on the charger, and I like ones that put out at least 12 volts, many only put out 5 volts making it difficult to power through some cases.

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
There is something wrong with the Samsung wireless chargers. I have 2 of them and they act as yours does, shut off and quit charging letting the phone drain.

I have 2 Duracell Powermats and they work fine. Bring the phone to 100% and then cycle on and off to keep it nearly there until I pick up the phone. There are also MUCH easier to get the phone to start charging.

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
There is something wrong with the Samsung wireless chargers. I have 2 of them and they act as yours does, shut off and quit charging letting the phone drain.

I have 2 Duracell Powermats and they work fine. Bring the phone to 100% and then cycle on and off to keep it nearly there until I pick up the phone. There are also MUCH easier to get the phone to start charging.

Should I just not worry about exchanging it? I have a power mat on the way.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
What a deal, BestBuy was charging over 100.00 dollars more for the phone off contract than the carriers, and if you get your plan through them they were charging more for that too. As far as chargers are concerned, I stick to ones that have 3 charging cores instead of just one, you don't have to be precise when placing the phone on the charger, and I like ones that put out at least 12 volts, many only put out 5 volts making it difficult to power through some cases.

Is there one you would recommend that's 12volts, etc?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Some reason it keeps blinking blue and sometimes it turns off completely. No lights. This is the Samsung charger they offer with the deal. Any ideas?

If you put your GS6 on the OEM charging pad turned off, how much battery life is there?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I believe that the blue means that it is properly aligned and green means that it's done.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm also having the same issue where i put my phone on and it charges correctly, then i wake up in the morning after not having touched the phone and its down to about 93% (exactly everytime) and my charging pad is blinking blue or off completely.

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I believe that the blue means that it is properly aligned and green means that it's done.

Solid blue means charging and green means done but this charger will randomly blink blue in the middle of the night and sometimes just completely turn off.

ATTGS6E

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with mine. It would randomly start blinking blue light in the middle of the night and stop charging. When I wake up there will be somewhere between 90-96% charge left on the battery. Sometimes it would fully charge and the green light will stay on the pad but it will go away after a short while and the pad will not recharge the phone even when the phone battery is down to the low 90% range. I tried to exchange it at BB but they said they don't have any extras in-stock. The ones the stores got are not standard retail versions (no retail packaging). I believe they only receive one per pre-ordered phone. The Samsung guy at the Samsung Kiosk told me to call Samsung to do a possible exchange but he said no guarantees. Since he wasn't able to reproduce the problem at the kiosk he said it's up to Samsung to decide if they are willing to swap it. Pretty annoying and frustrating if you ask me.

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Why yes young Jedi,Nokia wireless charging plate DT-900 and the Tylt VU charger that lets your device sit up at a 45 degree angle so you can still see what messages are coming in and so on while its charging. Both great chargers, 12 volts and it doesn't matter how you put the phone on the charger, it will charge. The Tylt even allows you to put the phone upside down or in landscape mode to charge. I just ordered 2 of the Tylt VU's, 58.99 on Amazon.

el bos

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the Samsung Wireless Charger and mine charges fine. It stays green even after charging is complete. Do you guys use Power Saving mode while charging?

Sent from my ATT Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the Samsung Wireless Charger and mine charges fine. It stays green even after charging is complete. Do you guys use Power Saving mode while charging?

I do use power saving mode while charging at night. Do you not? I didn't even think about that being an issue.

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Nope. That wasn't it. Still turned off
I had a lot of problems with the S6 Samsung Charging Pad (I ordered mine direct from Samsung). I was finding the exact same issues as you have stated; waking up in the morning to find the blue light flashing, charge at about 96%. I ended up mailing it back to Samsung for a refund. Many reviewers have found that the phone is actually moving around on its own ever so slightly over a long period of time, which is causing the charging issue.

Oddly enough, my favorite, and most reliable Qi wireless charger has been the wireless charger introduced with the S4. I've never had any issues with charging and it is always at 100% when I wake up. The design doesn't allow for movement since it curves up on the edges, and there isn't any "searching" for a sweet-spot. These have been my observations. Link below on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4375676

el bos

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Nope. That wasn't it. Still turned off

I had a lot of problems with the S6 Samsung Charging Pad (I ordered mine direct from Samsung). I was finding the exact same issues as you have stated; waking up in the morning to find the blue light flashing, charge at about 96%. I ended up mailing it back to Samsung for a refund. Many reviewers have found that the phone is actually moving around on its own ever so slightly over a long period of time, which is causing the charging issue.

Oddly enough, my favorite, and most reliable Qi wireless charger has been the wireless charger introduced with the S4. I've never had any issues with charging and it is always at 100% when I wake up. The design doesn't allow for movement since it curves up on the edges, and there isn't any "searching" for a sweet-spot. These have been my observations. Link below on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4375734
That is weird. I guess mine doesn't slide off...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney