Hi all, nothing too indepth here, but heres my findings after 3 days of a galaxy s6 32GB model on Bell Canadas network.

Pros
    Screen is simply amazing.
    Touch screen is very accurate
    the quality of the phones build seems very high.
    Phone is very fast and responsive
    Battery is outstanding, this morning I watched a 45 minute Dexter expisode on my commute and my battery dropped to 96%. its currently 92% after 3 hours off charger.

Cons/quirks.
    something weird is happening in the email app, if I click on an email to read it, it reads a different email. I have my work email with exchange and Hotmail on the app.
    I also cant seem to separate the email accounts into 2 different icons (this is probably my lack of knowledge with this OS.
    The USB jack is really tough to insert into, I can see many people breaking this port.
    I had volume jump from high to low a few times on my first day while listening to music, did not happen today with a 45 minute video.

So far this phone has been great after 3 days.
    04-20-2015 10:11 AM
    Thanks for the report! That battery life is pretty good.

For the email issue, try going to the App Manager, select Email, and Clear Cache. If that doesn't work, consider removing the email accounts, then adding them back again.

Not sure if it's possible to have a separate shortcut for each email account.

For the volume issue--was the fluctuating volume occurring only with headphones inserted? If so, were they headphones that have a remote volume control (along with other features like pause and play)?
    04-20-2015 11:40 AM
    Hi all, nothing too indepth here, but heres my findings after 3 days of a galaxy s6 32GB model on Bell Canadas network.

Pros
    Screen is simply amazing.
    Touch screen is very accurate
    the quality of the phones build seems very high.
    Phone is very fast and responsive
    Battery is outstanding, this morning I watched a 45 minute Dexter expisode on my commute and my battery dropped to 96%. its currently 92% after 3 hours off charger.

Cons/quirks.
    something weird is happening in the email app, if I click on an email to read it, it reads a different email. I have my work email with exchange and Hotmail on the app.
    I also cant seem to separate the email accounts into 2 different icons (this is probably my lack of knowledge with this OS.
    The USB jack is really tough to insert into, I can see many people breaking this port.
    I had volume jump from high to low a few times on my first day while listening to music, did not happen today with a 45 minute video.

So far this phone has been great after 3 days.
    For your Work email I'd suggest to use Gmail instead, you can add Exchange accounts on Gmail and it manages it very well, in fact your Hotmail Account will work better if you set it on Gmail as an Exchange email account also.
    04-20-2015 12:49 PM
    For your Work email I'd suggest to use Gmail instead, you can add Exchange accounts on Gmail and it manages it very well, in fact your Hotmail Account will work better if you set it on Gmail as an Exchange email account also.
    Did you download the Exchange Services apk or is it not blocked in Canada?

Posted via Galaxy S6
    04-20-2015 01:00 PM
    Did you download the Exchange Services apk or is it not blocked in Canada?

Posted via Galaxy S6
    I thought that with latest Gmail version it comes added to it, so if by any chance when you click add a new account on Gmail, it doesn't give you the Exchange Account option, then you can download it and install it from here.
    04-20-2015 01:06 PM
    Battery life is great.
    Please keep us posted on this even though we are jealous . Lol.
    I am thinking of upgrading to S6 mostly for Camera, but concerned about weak Battery.
    Coincidentally - bands for Canada Bell are perfect for MetroPCS /Tmobile USA so best if I went unlocked but sacrifices VoLTE ( no VoLTE on BYOD Devices).

On my Alpha the USB Port is rock solid in the metal frame.
    I even bent a USB Male end to about 60 degree Angle in a sliding door listening to Internet Radio at a Jobsite with zero damage to phone or USB port of Phone.
    So how is Port so Flimsy on S6 ?
    Also what is Software/ Firmware of that S6 ?
    Sounds like the best version.
    04-20-2015 06:12 PM
    My battery life has been phenomenal the last couple of days. When I first got it, it was average at best but now it is finally settled in and I am consistently getting 5+ hours sot.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails my review/findings/battery life of the S6 after 3 days.-923.jpg   my review/findings/battery life of the S6 after 3 days.-924.jpg   my review/findings/battery life of the S6 after 3 days.-925.jpg  
    04-20-2015 06:57 PM
    I installed Battery Dr and Clean Sweep and it's improved my battery life tremendously.
    04-20-2015 07:05 PM
    Battery life is great.
    Please keep us posted on this even though we are jealous . Lol.
    I am thinking of upgrading to S6 mostly for Camera, but concerned about weak Battery.
    Coincidentally - bands for Canada Bell are perfect for MetroPCS /Tmobile USA so best if I went unlocked but sacrifices VoLTE ( no VoLTE on BYOD Devices).

On my Alpha the USB Port is rock solid in the metal frame.
    I even bent a USB Male end to about 60 degree Angle in a sliding door listening to Internet Radio at a Jobsite with zero damage to phone or USB port of Phone.
    So how is Port so Flimsy on S6 ?
    Also what is Software/ Firmware of that S6 ?
    Sounds like the best version.
    the port isn't flimsy, but I really have to push to put the cable in, it could just be my phone. im on the latest software version. Battery continues to be great, im not a heavy user, mostly use the phone during the 45 minute commute each direction, and I get around 200 work emails a day, exchange is set to push. I haven't made a single call on the phone yet. I text quite a bit. this morning my phone has been off power for 3 hours, I listened to spotify for 45 minutes over LTE, I used facebook/twitter and some light internet browsing. and im at 88%, estimating 28 hours left.
    04-21-2015 10:26 AM
    Thanks for the report! That battery life is pretty good.

For the email issue, try going to the App Manager, select Email, and Clear Cache. If that doesn't work, consider removing the email accounts, then adding them back again.

Not sure if it's possible to have a separate shortcut for each email account.

For the volume issue--was the fluctuating volume occurring only with headphones inserted? If so, were they headphones that have a remote volume control (along with other features like pause and play)?
    the volume issue happened using the external speaker actually, I haven't seen the problem with headphones.
    04-21-2015 10:27 AM
    I moved the Hotmail to gmail, and kept work exchange with the Stock email app, seems ok so far.
    erasat likes this.
    04-21-2015 10:29 AM
    My battery life has been phenomenal the last couple of days. When I first got it, it was average at best but now it is finally settled in and I am consistently getting 5+ hours sot.

That's insane! Mine wud never ever hit that stats
    Have u disabled any apps or settings?

04-21-2015 11:13 AM
    I've also found a steady increase each day since I got it last Saturday. Today I'm 4:30 off charger with BT audio streaming and light browsing and I'm at 79%. A massive change from last week when I would have been at 50% - 60% at this point. At this stage I'm very happy with performance. No idea why it's been improving over time, but I assume a combination of some of the software updates and battery capacity increasing over the first few charges.
    04-21-2015 11:58 AM
    Read some other problems about the email, but you can always replace it with one of the outstanding third party email apps like Truemail or Cloud Magic.
    04-21-2015 12:38 PM
    Battery life was crappy at first but it seems to have improved a lot. I have also been using the power saving mode more and this helps a lot.
    04-21-2015 05:01 PM