06-05-2015 11:02 AM
50 12
tools
    Will the wireless charger pads work in a car, plugged into the usb port? or are they ac? Would be very convenient to just lay the phone down on the pad in the car for a quick charge without having to plug in.
    06-01-2015 10:14 AM
    I just ordered a wireless pad, will it work when the phone is in a case such as a Spigen?

Thanks
    06-01-2015 10:27 AM
    I like the wireless charger because I can charge over night and it'll stop charging when it's done and not keep charging or "over charge"

Posted via the Android Central App
    The phone does the same thing when it's plugged in.
    06-01-2015 10:51 AM
    1. I find that a wireless charger is a nice convenience. Previously, I charged my S3 overnight in a cradle that plugged into my phone. I liked having the phone propped up; so if a call, text or notification came in, I could roll over to see what it was without picking up the phone. However, if it was something that I needed to address, the plug was quite tight which made it (slightly) difficult to disengage from the cradle (and reset). I now have a wireless cradle for my S6 which also props up my phone for easy viewing, but also super easy to pick up, reply, and set back. I don't find any difficulty getting the wireless cradle to recognize my phone through my Speck case either. No fiddling around, I just set it down. Again, is it necessary, no. But, it is a nice convenience.

2. I recently read that wireless chargers overheat batteries. Should I be concerned since I use mine for overnight charging?
    06-01-2015 07:07 PM
    Mine has worked with both a wooden case on and a plastic case

06-02-2015 04:16 AM
    Mine has worked with both a wooden case on and a plastic case

It charged through the case last night but stopped at 77%. I will try without a case tonight and see. This may go back. I do like the convenience.
    06-02-2015 06:22 AM
    Question: If I plug my wireless charger into a PC usb port, rather than plugging into the wall, will it still work? I don't have a single extra plug at my work desk! (don't want to run extension cables around my office if I don't need to)
    On the OEM charging pad, it looks like you should be able to plug into your laptop.
    06-02-2015 06:27 AM
    does it work if your phone has a case?
    Mine charges just fine (to 100%) through my Speck case.
    06-02-2015 11:48 AM
    does it work if your phone has a case?
    Depends upon the pad, the Defender has three layers and works just fine.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    06-02-2015 11:56 AM
    I'm wondering if wireless charging is harder on the battery then regular wired charging?
    06-02-2015 12:46 PM
    If it was I don't think it be offered especially on phones that don't have removable batteries. Does the iPhone have it?
    06-02-2015 12:49 PM
    If it was I don't think it be offered especially on phones that don't have removable batteries. Does the iPhone have it?
    The iPhone does not have wireless charging built in.
    06-02-2015 12:50 PM
    I'm wondering if wireless charging is harder on the battery then regular wired charging?
    I asked this question yesterday ...

I recently read that wireless chargers overheat batteries. Should I be concerned since I use mine for overnight charging?
    06-02-2015 12:57 PM
    06-03-2015 05:53 AM
    I would guess that rapid charging would as more current is being sent through. It would depend on the amps.
    06-03-2015 05:56 AM
    Mine is going back, it will not fully charge the phone overnight.
    06-03-2015 06:10 AM
    The phone does the same thing when it's plugged in.
    X2
    06-03-2015 08:02 AM
    I asked this question yesterday ...
    I recently read that wireless chargers overheat batteries. Should I be concerned since I use mine for overnight charging?
    I doubt that slow wireless charging creates more heat than the rapid charger. The S6 Edge has a known issue with the rapid charger overheating the phone, causing the accelerometer to fail. Haven't heard of that in the vanilla S6 but any charging will cause the phone to get warm, the faster the hotter. All charging SHOULD be automatically stopped when the delta-v chip in the charge controller sees the battery voltage hit a threshold - in order to prevent overheating.

As to the reason to go wireless - I did it with my S4 when I noted the USB jack went intermittent if I picked up the phone while charging. It was only 4 months old and I could have returned it, but that would have been inconvenient when all I had to do was to go wireless, which I wanted to try anyway. Now going non-wireless would be like not having a garage door opener. I have a pad next to my bed so that I awake to a full charge every day - and no rush since I am (usually) sleeping. Also now have one at work, and may even put one in the car. Safety factor in the car so I don't have to mess with cables while texting ;-)
    nsanders likes this.
    06-04-2015 09:18 PM
    I doubt that slow wireless charging creates more heat than the rapid charger. The S6 Edge has a known issue with the rapid charger overheating the phone, causing the accelerometer to fail. Haven't heard of that in the vanilla S6 but any charging will cause the phone to get warm, the faster the hotter. All charging SHOULD be automatically stopped when the delta-v chip in the charge controller sees the battery voltage hit a threshold - in order to prevent overheating.

As to the reason to go wireless - I did it with my S4 when I noted the USB jack went intermittent if I picked up the phone while charging. It was only 4 months old and I could have returned it, but that would have been inconvenient when all I had to do was to go wireless, which I wanted to try anyway. Now going non-wireless would be like not having a garage door opener. I have a pad next to my bed so that I awake to a full charge every day - and no rush since I am (usually) sleeping. Also now have one at work, and may even put one in the car. Safety factor in the car so I don't have to mess with cables while texting ;-)
    Been using the rapid charger for two months, absolutely no issues. Wireless charging is a feature that I hope that continues to grow in popularity as car and furniture manufacturers incorporate it into their products as well as more restaurants and stores offer it as well. My OEM charge works great but I am toying with the TYLT one for the car.
    06-04-2015 09:23 PM

Wouldn't keep that charging pad too close to your head. You might wake up one day and notice you have a 3rd ear starting to grow. There is warning with all wireless chargers to keep it a safe distance away while charging.
    06-05-2015 02:21 AM
    Wouldn't keep that charging pad too close to your head. You might wake up one day and notice you have a 3rd ear starting to grow. There is warning with all wireless chargers to keep it a safe distance away while charging.
    It would be interesting to know what the real danger is there now that they've debunked what they've said for years about phones causing brain cancer.
    06-05-2015 05:43 AM
    Will the wireless charger pads work in a car, plugged into the usb port? or are they ac? Would be very convenient to just lay the phone down on the pad in the car for a quick charge without having to plug in.
    Not sure but can't see why it wouldn't. I would definitely go with one that doesn't let the device slide around at all. TYLT has one for the car.
    06-05-2015 06:16 AM
    It would be interesting to know what the real danger is there now that they've debunked what they've said for years about phones causing brain cancer.
    Magnetic resonance frequency?
    06-05-2015 06:17 AM
    Any promotions out there anymore for a free wireless charger?
    06-05-2015 06:48 AM
    I still won't take chances and keep my phone away from my body whenever possible. If I'm at work it sits on my desk, at home its on a table or counter. I only keep it iny pocket when I'm out and about.

06-05-2015 11:02 AM
50 12