For wireless charging on the Galaxy S6, is there a way to use just the charging pad or do I hav to use the adapter?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S6 wireless charging

If you're in an office all day, wireless charging is very convenient. It's just less effort to plop it on the charger than to plug in a cable, which means I'm more likely to use it. Also, I'm very happy that it's nowhere near as hot as the S5 got when charging wirelessly.
For me, wireless charging and the rapid charging offer two great alternatives as I turn off my GS6 to charge overnight. The wireless charging save the USB port pins.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I love the wireless charging feature. I try to avoid using the USB port on the S6 for fear of damaging or wearing it out. I've got one wireless charger in my home office, and a Powerbot wireless charger for my car. I just plop my S6 on the Powerboat that is resting on the passenger seat.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

A vehicle mount charger that I don't have to plug into the USB port on the phone, that I will buy. One thing to watch out for is to keep it out of the sun. Maybe a vent mount? I want!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

If you're in an office all day, wireless charging is very convenient. It's just less effort to plop it on the charger than to plug in a cable, which means I'm more likely to use it. Also, I'm very happy that it's nowhere near as hot as the S5 got when charging wirelessly.

I work in an office all day and have access to a whole big building of outlets, including the one at my desk. Directly plugging in is much faster than wireless, but it just may be the china cheap model i have sucks lol. its great for my moto 360.

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Question: If I plug my wireless charger into a PC usb port, rather than plugging into the wall, will it still work? I don't have a single extra plug at my work desk! (don't want to run extension cables around my office if I don't need to)

Gallion

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

Will the wireless charger pads work in a car, plugged into the usb port? or are they ac? Would be very convenient to just lay the phone down on the pad in the car for a quick charge without having to plug in.

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

I like the wireless charger because I can charge over night and it'll stop charging when it's done and not keep charging or "over charge"

Posted via the Android Central App

The phone does the same thing when it's plugged in.

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

1. I find that a wireless charger is a nice convenience. Previously, I charged my S3 overnight in a cradle that plugged into my phone. I liked having the phone propped up; so if a call, text or notification came in, I could roll over to see what it was without picking up the phone. However, if it was something that I needed to address, the plug was quite tight which made it (slightly) difficult to disengage from the cradle (and reset). I now have a wireless cradle for my S6 which also props up my phone for easy viewing, but also super easy to pick up, reply, and set back. I don't find any difficulty getting the wireless cradle to recognize my phone through my Speck case either. No fiddling around, I just set it down. Again, is it necessary, no. But, it is a nice convenience.

2. I recently read that wireless chargers overheat batteries. Should I be concerned since I use mine for overnight charging?

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site

Mine has worked with both a wooden case on and a plastic case

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

Mine has worked with both a wooden case on and a plastic case

It charged through the case last night but stopped at 77%. I will try without a case tonight and see. This may go back. I do like the convenience.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Question: If I plug my wireless charger into a PC usb port, rather than plugging into the wall, will it still work? I don't have a single extra plug at my work desk! (don't want to run extension cables around my office if I don't need to)
On the OEM charging pad, it looks like you should be able to plug into your laptop.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

If it was I don't think it be offered especially on phones that don't have removable batteries. Does the iPhone have it?

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

I'm wondering if wireless charging is harder on the battery then regular wired charging?

I asked this question yesterday ...

I recently read that wireless chargers overheat batteries. Should I be concerned since I use mine for overnight charging?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20