For wireless charging on the Galaxy S6, is there a way to use just the charging pad or do I hav to use the adapter?

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S6 wireless charging

I asked this question yesterday ...
I recently read that wireless chargers overheat batteries. Should I be concerned since I use mine for overnight charging?

I doubt that slow wireless charging creates more heat than the rapid charger. The S6 Edge has a known issue with the rapid charger overheating the phone, causing the accelerometer to fail. Haven't heard of that in the vanilla S6 but any charging will cause the phone to get warm, the faster the hotter. All charging SHOULD be automatically stopped when the delta-v chip in the charge controller sees the battery voltage hit a threshold - in order to prevent overheating.

As to the reason to go wireless - I did it with my S4 when I noted the USB jack went intermittent if I picked up the phone while charging. It was only 4 months old and I could have returned it, but that would have been inconvenient when all I had to do was to go wireless, which I wanted to try anyway. Now going non-wireless would be like not having a garage door opener. I have a pad next to my bed so that I awake to a full charge every day - and no rush since I am (usually) sleeping. Also now have one at work, and may even put one in the car. Safety factor in the car so I don't have to mess with cables while texting ;-)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I doubt that slow wireless charging creates more heat than the rapid charger. The S6 Edge has a known issue with the rapid charger overheating the phone, causing the accelerometer to fail. Haven't heard of that in the vanilla S6 but any charging will cause the phone to get warm, the faster the hotter. All charging SHOULD be automatically stopped when the delta-v chip in the charge controller sees the battery voltage hit a threshold - in order to prevent overheating.

As to the reason to go wireless - I did it with my S4 when I noted the USB jack went intermittent if I picked up the phone while charging. It was only 4 months old and I could have returned it, but that would have been inconvenient when all I had to do was to go wireless, which I wanted to try anyway. Now going non-wireless would be like not having a garage door opener. I have a pad next to my bed so that I awake to a full charge every day - and no rush since I am (usually) sleeping. Also now have one at work, and may even put one in the car. Safety factor in the car so I don't have to mess with cables while texting ;-)
Been using the rapid charger for two months, absolutely no issues. Wireless charging is a feature that I hope that continues to grow in popularity as car and furniture manufacturers incorporate it into their products as well as more restaurants and stores offer it as well. My OEM charge works great but I am toying with the TYLT one for the car.

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

Wouldn't keep that charging pad too close to your head. You might wake up one day and notice you have a 3rd ear starting to grow. There is warning with all wireless chargers to keep it a safe distance away while charging.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

Wouldn't keep that charging pad too close to your head. You might wake up one day and notice you have a 3rd ear starting to grow. There is warning with all wireless chargers to keep it a safe distance away while charging.

It would be interesting to know what the real danger is there now that they've debunked what they've said for years about phones causing brain cancer.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Will the wireless charger pads work in a car, plugged into the usb port? or are they ac? Would be very convenient to just lay the phone down on the pad in the car for a quick charge without having to plug in.
Not sure but can't see why it wouldn't. I would definitely go with one that doesn't let the device slide around at all. TYLT has one for the car.

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

It would be interesting to know what the real danger is there now that they've debunked what they've said for years about phones causing brain cancer.

I still won't take chances and keep my phone away from my body whenever possible. If I'm at work it sits on my desk, at home its on a table or counter. I only keep it iny pocket when I'm out and about.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek