So I was testing outlook and Gmail simultaneously to see which I preferred. But now that I chose to go with outlook I can't delete the default account from the Gmail. Does anyone know how to do this? I tried wipe it and clear cache from the application manager.
    04-20-2015 06:08 PM
    If i remember correctly you need to have a gmail account for android phones
    04-20-2015 07:29 PM
    If i remember correctly you need to have a gmail account for android phones
    Not complete true. You get a gmail email address when you create a Google account, but you can add an alternate email address as well. Later, if you decide, you can cancel your gmail account while keeping access to your Google account using your alternate email (now primary) as your Google login username. Actually, you can use your alternate email as your Google login username even if you don't cancel the gmail account that comes bundled with your Google account.

Frequently Asked Questions about creating a Google Account

Canceling your Gmail address

In addition, those of us who host our own domains (or at least the email portion of it) on Google Apps do not need a gmail address. I have no gmail address associated with my main Google Apps account, nor has there ever been one associated with it...and that's what I use as my account on Android. Of course, the email portion of Google Apps is essentially gmail for your domain.
    04-20-2015 08:38 PM
    Not complete true. You get a gmail email address when you create a Google account, but you can add an alternate email address as well. Later, if you decide, you can cancel your gmail account while keeping access to your Google account using your alternate email (now primary) as your Google login username. Actually, you can use your alternate email as your Google login username even if you don't cancel the gmail account that comes bundled with your Google account.

https://support.google.com/accounts/.../1728595?hl=en

In addition, those of us who host our own domains (or at least the email portion of it) on Google Apps do not need a gmail address. I have no gmail address associated with my main Google Apps account, nor has there ever been one associated with it...and that's what I use as my account on Android. Of course, the email portion of Google Apps is essentially gmail for your domain.
    Okay thanks for the clarification, all i remembered was you had to make one or sign into gmail when you used the phone for the first time
    04-20-2015 08:41 PM
    Thanks guys
    04-20-2015 08:42 PM