Verizon GS6 here. I've read many of the battery discussions already, tried most of the suggested courses of action and am still getting very subpar battery life. Getting to 20% after 7-8 hours from full charge with about 3-4 hrs SOT. Can't even make it through a full workday on a charge.

I tried a cycle with wifi off for the first time this weekend and had a marked improvement: 15% after 15 hrs from full charge with about 4 hrs SOT. But I feel like I've seen folks post that they average this level of battery performance even with their wifi on.

Recognizing much of this battery woe stems from Lollipop, it seems like my numbers are well below average in all situations, plus I am coming up on my 14 day mark soon too. Strongly considering trading in (for another GS6). Welcome the community's thoughts on whether that's the right call or not.
    04-20-2015 07:44 PM
    Some screenshots. Top is wifi off, bottom two accurately reflect my 10 day average so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Love the phone but battery.  Trade in?-3229.jpg   Love the phone but battery.  Trade in?-screenshot_2015-04-14-14-18-19.jpg   Love the phone but battery.  Trade in?-screenshot_2015-04-14-14-17-57.jpg  
    04-20-2015 07:46 PM
    Verizon GS6 here. I've read many of the battery discussions already, tried most of the suggested courses of action and am still getting very subpar battery life. Getting to 20% after 7-8 hours from full charge with about 3-4 hrs SOT. Can't even make it through a full workday on a charge.

I tried a cycle with wifi off for the first time this weekend and had a marked improvement: 15% after 15 hrs from full charge with about 4 hrs SOT. But I feel like I've seen folks post that they average this level of battery performance even with their wifi on.

Recognizing much of this battery woe stems from Lollipop, I am coming up on my 14 day mark soon too. Strongly considering trading in (for another GS6). Welcome the community's thoughts on whether that's the right call or not.
    How is the signal strength in your area? If it's not an issue, exchange might help.mhave you tried working with tech support?

Also, as I understand it, CDMA devices now have one radio for voice and data. There are probably more techy users that could answer but it would seem that the radio working harder would seem to drain,the battery?

The Lollipop issue will hopefully be addressed soon.
    04-20-2015 07:52 PM
    Some screenshots. Top is wifi off, bottom two accurately reflect my 10 day average so far.
    Your numbers look good to me with your usage, but it would help if you can describe in detail what you were doing during the screen shots.

Even your cell standby is less than 35%. Once it goes over 30% then I would worrie. I to get high standby, but 15 to 30 max and still get great SoT and total use. I wouldn't worrie to much right now.

Everyone's usage will be different. Some will never get the best numbers. That doesn't mean you have a bad phone.
    Heck, Andrew who did the review on the S6 only gets 2-3 hours of SoT. Your doing much better than him.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-20-2015 08:50 PM
    Turn in? Does the battery work for you? If so I'd keep it.. If not I'd return.
    04-20-2015 09:43 PM
    Thanks for the responses so far guys. As far as my activity during SOT, it's almost all just browsing the web, social media and music. Standby is low bc I turned on VoLTE. Donno why ESPN usage is so high, I hadn't even opened the app since installing it.
    04-20-2015 09:51 PM
    Thanks for the responses so far guys. As far as my activity during SOT, it's almost all just browsing the web, social media and music. Standby is low bc I turned on VoLTE. Donno why ESPN usage is so high, I hadn't even opened the app since installing it.
    There you may have your rogue app, try uninstalling it and see if it helps.
    04-20-2015 10:10 PM
    There you may have your rogue app, try uninstalling it and see if it helps.
    Totally agree.

04-20-2015 10:21 PM
    3-4 SOT w/ 20% left, is not that bad. I personally see nothing wrong with that.

Posted using my Galaxy S6 via the Android Central App
    04-20-2015 10:51 PM
    What is the difference between the stats reported from the "screen" option from battery settings and the GSAM app's "<time> active" Reading? I'm at 31% with 2h23ms from screen, while GSAM says 3h55m.
    04-21-2015 12:57 PM
    Have you tried a full reset? Some people are saying that's helped, also did you restore from a back up? I always restore as new on all my devices....it takes a bit of time but gives everything a clear out and i know then it's not something being transferred all the time
    deeb215 likes this.
    04-21-2015 01:11 PM
    Have you tried a full reset? Some people are saying that's helped, also did you restore from a back up? I always restore as new on all my devices....it takes a bit of time but gives everything a clear out and i know then it's not something being transferred all the time
    I think the backup restore is whats causing most battery issues. Just don't do it people. Google should reevaluate this feature.
    04-21-2015 01:17 PM
    I think the backup restore is whats causing most battery issues. Just don't do it people. Google should reevaluate this feature.
    I've been thinking about that also, even when I did the restore from my previous device (OnePlus One) and I don't have any issues, but it seems that a lot of people have done the restore and had issues at first, then do a Factory reset and don't use the restore option and seem to be working better.
    04-21-2015 01:24 PM
    Wow that's really interesting about the restore. I did do a backup restore, but it was through a third party app (Easy Backup), which was mostly contacts and sms msg history. Not sure if that would have such an adverse effect.
    04-21-2015 01:49 PM
    Wow that's really interesting about the restore. I did do a backup restore, but it was through a third party app (Easy Backup), which was mostly contacts and sms msg history. Not sure if that would have such an adverse effect.
    I don't think so, as I always use Helium and there is no issue restoring Apps and their data, what we are talking here is about the new Lollipop option that allows you to restore settings and other stuff from other devices.
    04-21-2015 01:57 PM
    1) 3-4 hours SoT to 20% is just a bit high, but not abnormal.

2) VoLTE is a large battery consumer. That could also be why your cell standby is using more than the OS (which isn't normal).

3) Draining the battery to 20% regularly will result in replacing it in less than a year. See The Care and Feeding of Lithium Polymer Batteries. If you need more time than draining to 40% without charging will give you, you should have a phone with a removable battery and a spare battery or two.
    04-21-2015 05:03 PM
    1) 3-4 hours SoT to 20% is just a bit high, but not abnormal.

2) VoLTE is a large battery consumer. That could also be why your cell standby is using more than the OS (which isn't normal).

3) Draining the battery to 20% regularly will result in replacing it in less than a year. See The Care and Feeding of Lithium Polymer Batteries. If you need more time than draining to 40% without charging will give you, you should have a phone with a removable battery and a spare battery or two.
    Terrific article about the Care & Feeding of batteries...thanks for posting it and linking us to it! I've always considered 50% zero for battery management (and reserve) reasons, so luckily I never let my phones go below 50%, and usually charge back up well before that if I'm near a charger.
    04-21-2015 08:28 PM
    So if SOT = the value from Samsung, im actually getting closer to just 2h.
    Attached Thumbnails Love the phone but battery.  Trade in?-3252.jpg  
    04-22-2015 09:42 AM
    So if SOT = the value from Samsung, im actually getting closer to just 2h.
    There's something seriously wrong with your phone if you max out at 2 hours on screen. I can do that everyday without dipping below 50%.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge
    04-22-2015 09:44 AM
    So yea i think in my OP I misreported my SOT. Took screenshots for my cycle today which is representative of my average phone use. Pretty far from 3-4 hrs SOT.

Edit: I turned off VoLTE today, where previously I had it on due to a suggested fix to cell standby in another thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Love the phone but battery.  Trade in?-3569.jpg   Love the phone but battery.  Trade in?-3570.jpg  
    04-22-2015 01:52 PM
    So yea i think in my OP I misreported my SOT. Took screenshots for my cycle today which is representative of my average phone use. Pretty far from 3-4 hrs SOT.

Edit: I turned off VoLTE today, where previously I had it on due to a suggested fix to cell standby in another thread.
    You need to exchange that phone right away.
    I have no idea what your doing daily but that phone is broken on your network.

04-22-2015 02:16 PM
    Exchanged it. Pics of first full cycle attached. VZW 64gb.

Attached Thumbnails Love the phone but battery.  Trade in?-197.jpg   Love the phone but battery.  Trade in?-198.jpg   Love the phone but battery.  Trade in?-199.jpg  
    atishc likes this.
    04-23-2015 05:22 PM
    There's something seriously wrong with your phone if you max out at 2 hours on screen. I can do that everyday without dipping below 50%.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge
    What do you think about these stats? Poor cell service but still
    Attached Thumbnails Love the phone but battery.  Trade in?-1429830997121.jpg   Love the phone but battery.  Trade in?-1429831004428.jpg  
    04-23-2015 06:16 PM
    Exchanged it. Pics of first full cycle attached. VZW 64gb.

Too early to tell but be sure to update us after you have a few charge cycles. I'm not convinced it's a hardware issue but you'll know before me! Cell standby is still high but not abysmally high and some people are managing ok battery life even with Cell standby in the teens (mine tends to be around 40%)
    04-23-2015 06:53 PM
    Day 2 with exchanged S6, still doing better than before. First time making it through a full workday. Wifi enabled. SOT just under 2h.

Attached Thumbnails Love the phone but battery.  Trade in?-2324.jpg   Love the phone but battery.  Trade in?-2325.jpg   Love the phone but battery.  Trade in?-2326.jpg   Love the phone but battery.  Trade in?-2327.jpg  
    04-24-2015 06:25 PM