Hi,

So I'm having a couple issues with my AT&T s6 32g. I suppose I'll start from most concerning to least, and if I can't get the issues figured out I'll try another phone.

1) Some web pages won't load in any browser I've tried so far, ive tried stock, chrome and dolphin. In an amusingly frustrating sort of way, one of these pages is android central/forums( I had to get on my ipad to post this, seriously.) The website just hangs up while its loading, it eventually crashes the browser.

2) For some reason when said browser crash happens, the phone resets my custom wallpaper to the stock blue one when it crashes? It will leave the lock screen background alone. Don't understand this one, but very irritating. It's a nice extra little slap in the face.

3) Maybe I'm dense, but there isn't an option to quick delete notifications? On my ancient, stone tablet Motorola atrix, a little red minus button would pop up beside any notifications I got, and I could ignore them that way. Now I'm having to actually open whatever pops up(emails, texts, updates) to get the notification icon to go away.

4) Auto brightness sucks. I can live with this one, still doesn't mean I like it.

I like the phone and I'd rather get this figured out and keep it, not trying to bash it, so any help or insight into these issues would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    04-21-2015 06:11 AM
    Hi,

So I'm having a couple issues with my AT&T s6 32g. I suppose I'll start from most concerning to least, and if I can't get the issues figured out I'll try another phone.

1) Some web pages won't load in any browser I've tried so far, ive tried stock, chrome and dolphin. In an amusingly frustrating sort of way, one of these pages is android central/forums( I had to get on my ipad to post this, seriously.) The website just hangs up while its loading, it eventually crashes the browser.

2) For some reason when said browser crash happens, the phone resets my custom wallpaper to the stock blue one when it crashes? It will leave the lock screen background alone. Don't understand this one, but very irritating. It's a nice extra little slap in the face.

3) Maybe I'm dense, but there isn't an option to quick delete notifications? On my ancient, stone tablet Motorola atrix, a little red minus button would pop up beside any notifications I got, and I could ignore them that way. Now I'm having to actually open whatever pops up(emails, texts, updates) to get the notification icon to go away.

4) Auto brightness sucks. I can live with this one, still doesn't mean I like it.

I like the phone and I'd rather get this figured out and keep it, not trying to bash it, so any help or insight into these issues would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    (1) Try Dolphin with this update (http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-crashing.html). Very stable and best of all is it supports text wrap.

(2) With no crashing, this shouldn't be a problem. I noticed that when setting wallpapers from some apps the wallpaper would occasionally reset itself to something else (usually stock). Howafter, after I started to use 'Wallpaper HD' the phone has been holding my selection without issue.

(3) Just swipe them to the left or right from your lock screen. Simple really.

(4) Weird as I find the auto-brightness to be incredibly spot on.
    04-21-2015 06:34 AM
    1) I'll try it, downloading now. Thanks.

3) sweet, had no idea. Thanks again.

4) I find it uncomfortably dim in dark settings, personal preference I guess. I turned it off for now.
    04-21-2015 06:48 AM
    I use the Android Central app on the phone so don't usually connect via the site, but out of curiosity I gave it a shot. I actually had no trouble pulling up the site and navigating to the forums and then to a specific post. I did this using the stock browser. I did not try to make a post, but it seems like the site and forum pages are working OK.

In my limited experience so far, I've also not had any other web pages crash the stock browser.

This leads me to wonder if perhaps there is a software issue of some kind with your particular unit? You may want to try loading some of the pages you've had trouble with on a demo unit to see if you get the same results. If not, a factory reset might help to resolve the issue. Probably best to do it now if it needs doing while the device is still new and you have options.

Hope you're able to resolve the issue.

Best,
    Philip.
    04-21-2015 08:23 AM
    For a browser, I've never had issues with Firefox .
    04-21-2015 05:06 PM