Good morning,

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Whenever I charge my Galaxy S6, and charging completes, the display turns on and does not go off. It is off while charging, only upon completion does it turn on. I really want to stop this, I have checked all display, lock screen and developer options, but to no avail.

I did recently change the Touch Key Light Duration to always on, I just set it back to 6 seconds to see if that has any impact, but until then, if anyone has a known solution, please share.

Thanks
    04-21-2015 06:48 AM
    Good morning,

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Whenever I charge my Galaxy S6, and charging completes, the display turns on and does not go off. It is off while charging, only upon completion does it turn on. I really want to stop this, I have checked all display, lock screen and developer options, but to no avail.

I did recently change the Touch Key Light Duration to always on, I just set it back to 6 seconds to see if that has any impact, but until then, if anyone has a known solution, please share.

Thanks
    Kind of weird, but question, do you have Smart Stay and or Day Dream (Display Settings) on? Not that it's not suppose to be on, but just seeing if you have them on, turn them off and try the same and see.

Also, what is your Screen Timeout?
    04-21-2015 10:02 AM
    Not using either of those two. Screen timeout is set to one minute.

I am wondering if my theory on the touch key light duration is correct. I reset it to 6 seconds eariler, and charged to 100%, the screen came on, then went out after 1 minute. I have now set it back to always on and I will charge it soon, hopefully it will stay one, then we have an answer.

I will update soon with findings.

Thank you

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-21-2015 10:29 AM
    Ok, no dice

At work, once the charge completes, the screen lights up for a minute then goes back to turning off. I also used a fast charger at work (not a samsung provided)

I will do the same test at home with and without the samsung charger...

Updates to follow

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-21-2015 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD