EDIT: I will know for sure if it doesn't happen any more in the next day or 2 but I think the cause is Twilight (f.lux type app).. I uninstalled this and it kept happening, but rebooted and it hasn't happened since.

EDIT 2: nevermind, started happening again after Twilight was uninstalled, cache cleared, rebooted a couple times. Will take it in to Verizon

EDIT 3: fyi if anyone else has this & sees this, I took mine in to Verizon & they're replacing it

Got my GS6 Edge yesterday, & have spent awhile configuring it, and recently it's started having full screen black flashes every so often (when going to home screen, changing pages, etc), and more rarely the whole screen will become very noisy glitchy as shown:

How can I stop my screen glitching / black flashes?-2015-04-21-08.04.18.jpg
    This usually goes away when I tap on it, but sticks otherwise.

e.g. when I opened the Dropbox app just now, the screen flashed black and the static appeared, and will stay until I do something to the screen - I just tapped and it went away, couple seconds later it came back. Tapped the dropbox logo and black flash, static. It's not limited to Dropbox, homescreen + any other app I try seems to be the same.

Anybody know what could be causing this? I've powered off & on a couple times, didn't change anything.

(on the bright side I've just switched from iOS, I design iOS apps for a living, and other than this issue this phone is in a completely different league for me than my old 5S)
    04-21-2015 08:19 AM
    If I was a betting man, I'd say that there might be something wrong with the phone... you might want to bring it in to your carrier (or where you bought the thing).

I've not heard of any issues with this from the S6 owners around here so far... which leads me to believe it could be some kind of HW fault on your unit. (which have been pretty rare from what I've seen/heard so far).
    If I was a betting man, I'd say that there might be something wrong with the phone... you might want to bring it in to your carrier (or where you bought the thing).

I've not heard of any issues with this from the S6 owners around here so far... which leads me to believe it could be some kind of HW fault on your unit. (which have been pretty rare from what I've seen/heard so far).
    04-21-2015 09:05 AM
    I've just got my S6 3 days ago and now I also have those issues. The screen goes full black and there's a thin white line flashing on top.
    12-10-2015 02:44 AM