Something's wrong with my Battery Usage Estimates

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I factory reset my device last night. After setting things up I found out that something was wrong with my Battery Usage Estimate that's usually listed above the graph. Maybe I disabled something I shouldn't have but I've restarted the device and wiped the cache with no luck in getting the estimate back. Can someone give me suggestions to what could have happened? Thanks in advance

Screenshot_2015-04-21-08-39-19.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well is this your first run since factory resetting? It may need to run a full charge / re-charge then it will estimate.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it's only been factory reset for approximately 10 hours.

Use it for this charge and then re-charge it later today. It may take a cycle or two to start estimating. I factory reset right when I got it since I had an OTA Update to download and mine shows it now. I am not sure if it showed right away.

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Use it for this charge and then re-charge it later today. It may take a cycle or two to start estimating. I factory reset right when I got it since I had an OTA Update to download and mine shows it now. I am not sure if it showed right away.

Yea give a few cycles and see what happens.

Thanks, guys, I'll sit tight and do that. Will update with my conclusion later.

Owen Kim

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't think disabling any of that helps. There is either a bug in a lot of sprint variants that needs to be fixed or a defective hardware.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't think disabling any of that helps. There is either a bug in a lot of sprint variants that needs to be fixed or a defective hardware.

I don't think so. I think it is because this is technically his first cycle so the phone can't estimate his usage since .. it doesn't know it yet.

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

I don't think so. I think it is because this is technically his first cycle so the phone can't estimate his usage since .. it doesn't know it yet.

I haven't experienced any battery draining bugs on my Sprint S6. I just wanted a clean set-up as I restored a bunch of stuff previously which wasn't necessary for me.

D Joe

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I know this old thread but what bothers me about his last picture a graph of his battery is the same thing I get is if you look how much the battery is actually draining and then look at the estimate time it's completely wrong giving away too much time before run out. So mine will be like eating up battery or something draining real fast and you got that steep drop in the graph showing actual usage but the estimate graph ahead of it is a much less steep slope just a gradual runoff which is completely incorrect. It's always been this way ...does anyone understand what I'm saying?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz