Which Keyboard do you use?

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Wow, barely any votes for the Samsung keyboard. That's a shame because I hate having to clutter up my phone to replace stock apps and most phones have been shipping with great stock keyboards nowadays

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I used swiftkey for a long time also. But i loaded it on my s6 and after a few days i went back to google keyboard. Swiftkey is just to sensitive on my s6. I can't type anything in without extra letters or the wrong letters showing up. Found myself having to proof read and correct everything.

It needs to learn our typing and syntax style. You can choose your own spelling instead of choosing the word completed for you. I totally understand that autocomplete can be frustrating.

6thSense

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I just started using SwiftKey based off suggestions within this thread. I must say I like it better than the s6 keyboard. I do have three questions...

1) I did the Google cloud thing but didn't do the part about allowing it access to your sent folder to assist with predictability because of security concerns. Has anybody actually done that? If so do you recommend? Does it help?

2) Is there a way to alter settings so it puts a period after double spacing?

3) Lastly....is there a way to alter the keyboard? I apparently use question marks a lot when texting. Lol. Would be nice to have it on there.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Used all noted here. Always go back to a.i.type. incorporates all the best features of google, swype, swiftkey… etc., but still more options.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about using Swiftkey is that it brings up another button in my nav bar which is a "select keyboard" button.

I always accidentally swipe on to it and it gets frustrating sometimes, anyone have a solution for this?

snakey#AC

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Currently using and liking Kika keyboard. Had been using Swiftkey for years, just wanted to try out something diff.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I might have to eat crow on this one. Since getting my replacement S6 on Thursday (due to bad home button), I've been using the default keyboard exclusively and finding that it actually gives SwiftKey a run for its money. It seems to have similar smarts in terms of word prediction, and I find the lighter theme kind of refreshing (admittedly, I could just use a different theme with SwitfyKey). At the moment, I left the sound effects turned on, though I don't know how long I'll keep that up. If you don't care to enter words by swiping, you can configure it so that swiping moves the cursor around. I really like the idea of this feature, though you have to do it just right or it thinks you're trying to type a letter.

Anyway, if you've been a long-time SwiftKey user like me and didn't really give the new S6 keyboard a fair shake, you might be surprised.

Last edited:

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
The stock Samsung keyboard is comfortable and pretty well laid out, but for the time being Swiftkey has won me over.

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I was using Google since launch, but with the re-sizable keyboard and numbers always on i am using the Samsung now and its fine.

SwiftKey allows you to choose numbers always on too. That's a must have option for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smuglur