04-24-2015 01:59 PM
42 12
tools
    Maintenance:

I've been using Android now for 10 months, never installed any anti virus software and have been completely clear of problems. When i had my S3 it was a different story, i think android has come a long way since then. Just be cautious of the apps you install and you'll be fine. Samsung touch wiz has some form of security built in, whether its good or not I'm unsure but it's all I will use.

Regular maintenance, honestly there isn't really much required. I clear my.cache ever week or so and takes a few seconds, otherwise I've done nothing else after I completed the configuration settings that make me satisfied with the phones performance (battery life, what to keep off/on, etc).

Posted via S6
    04-22-2015 06:52 AM
    I have an iPhone 6 and an S6 Edge. Prefer the Edge over iPhone, but, messaging on android is frustrating.
    Sometimes MMS won't work, a lot of the time, they do.
    Sometimes, android sends a text message twice, at random, for no reason at all.
    Auto correct on iOS is better. iMessage is 10X better than anything android has.
    But, iOS is boring. You can't even put icons where you want on the screen thanks to auto arrange.
    You can't have any real widgets ( iOS lock screen widgets don't count as a real widget)
    Customization is what wallpaper you chose.
    iOS apps, in some cases are better than their android cousins. Some apps aren't any different at all.

Both OS' are great. Just be aware, things ARE different. You give up some stuff for customization.
    You gain some stuff for giving up iOS. There are trade offs. Only you can decide if the trade offs are worth the switch.

Try the Samsung. You will love it. If not, you have 14 days. take it back for a refund.
    Just don't trade in / sell your iPhone until you're sure about the switch.
    alexander0003 likes this.
    04-22-2015 10:59 PM
    Thanks for all the responses. I decided to give the edge a try. I've had it for a couple of days already and so far I'm very impressed so far by how much android OS has changed. I'm not sure if I have a battery problem since it's still going through it's cycles but how do you check how many Sot hrs you're getting?
    04-23-2015 09:49 AM
    Thanks for all the responses. I decided to give the edge a try. I've had it for a couple of days already and so far I'm very impressed so far by how much android OS has changed. I'm not sure if I have a battery problem since it's still going through it's cycles but how do you check how many Sot hrs you're getting?
    Im getting between 4-5 SoT, it depends on what im doing while the screen is on. Browsing can allow the battery to drain much faster than using intensive apps such as games.
    04-23-2015 10:26 AM
    Can you comment on battery life on s6 vs ip6? as a switching iphone user, I'd like to know what im getting myself into in terms of battery. I hear a lot of people complaining about the s6 battery -- but I think apple has a lower bar set in that department (due to putting form above battery life) and s6 may be comparable or even better.

Android users are spoiled by huge batteries in most flagships, so I'm hoping their complaints will equate to adequate battery life for what a former iphone 6 user is accustomed to.

I have an iPhone 6 and an S6 Edge. Prefer the Edge over iPhone, but, messaging on android is frustrating.
    04-23-2015 10:44 AM
    Im getting between 4-5 SoT, it depends on what im doing while the screen is on. Browsing can allow the battery to drain much faster than using intensive apps such as games.
    How do you check it though? Is there a place where I can see what my SoT is?
    04-23-2015 11:42 AM
    How do you check it though? Is there a place where I can see what my SoT is?
    Under settings > battery > details > screen (click on this)
    04-23-2015 12:04 PM
    Under settings > battery > details > screen (click on this)
    Thanks! How often does this number reset?

So far I have 3 hrs and 20 mins with 42% left
    04-23-2015 12:43 PM
    I was in your position 2 years ago when I made the switch from the iPhone 4S to the S4. I had owned several iphones and was just bored with them and wanted to try something new.

At first, there was a little uneasiness, as I was used to how the iPhone operated, but it didn't take long to adjust and learn to like the S4 as much or more than the previous iphones. They are all great products, but each my have features that are more valuable to different individuals.

I hope that you enjoy your transition. I'm upgrading in a week and I'm still torn between the S6 and the edge. Originally, I was going to get the edge, then the S6 took the lead, now the edge has caught up and has the momentum.
    04-23-2015 12:53 PM
    Hi- I'm strongly considering buying the s6 edge bc it's design is just amazing. I never thought I would say a Samsung product looks better than an iPhone but on this one I definitely think so. For the people that switched from iPhone to s6, was it worth it?
    If you own an iPhone 6 plus and battery life is important to you, do not switch.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-23-2015 12:56 PM

I believe once the recharge reaches 100%
    04-23-2015 12:57 PM

Everytime you get a full charge or I think it reaches 90%.
    04-23-2015 12:58 PM
    Everytime you get a full charge or I think it reaches 90%.
    What would be the average SoT for the edge?
    04-23-2015 03:22 PM
    I was in your position 2 years ago when I made the switch from the iPhone 4S to the S4. I had owned several iphones and was just bored with them and wanted to try something new.

At first, there was a little uneasiness, as I was used to how the iPhone operated, but it didn't take long to adjust and learn to like the S4 as much or more than the previous iphones. They are all great products, but each my have features that are more valuable to different individuals.

I hope that you enjoy your transition. I'm upgrading in a week and I'm still torn between the S6 and the edge. Originally, I was going to get the edge, then the S6 took the lead, now the edge has caught up and has the momentum.
    Yeaa I've noticed pros and cons to both OS already. Only thing that I don't like is that I feel as if the battery drains more when it's on standby. Other than that, very satisfied with my purchase
    04-23-2015 03:29 PM
    Yeaa I've noticed pros and cons to both OS already. Only thing that I don't like is that I feel as if the battery drains more when it's on standby. Other than that, very satisfied with my purchase
    I agree, i also believe iPhone drains less battery during idle state. But I do think this is related to how iPhone idle processes as oppose to android which has specific processes always running (like a pc). Too bad we don't have the option built into the os to shut off most unnecessary things while in idle state.

Posted via S6
    04-23-2015 04:07 PM
    Try going into task manager and Close All before you let it set in stand by. Not sure if it will help, but it might.
    I honestly think battery life in on par with iPhone 6 with a slight edge to the iPhone because it drains less will idle.
    But, fast charge is awesome. I can top off my battery while I'm in the shower in the morning and leave the house with 100% since it takes like 5 minutes to top it off after using as my alarm clock at night.
    ( I don't like leaving my phone on a charger for 6-8 hours while I sleep, so I charge at night before bed.)
    I have had mine for 15 days. I don't own a car charger at all, and I have never needed to charge the phone before getting home for the night.
    For me, battery life is really good. I absolutely love my S6 Edge. But, I love iPhone and iOS too.
    I don't draw the line in the sand like some do. I don't have to hate iOS because I have an android phone, nor do I have to hate android because I have an iPhone and work at apple.
    04-23-2015 11:13 PM
    Try going into task manager and Close All before you let it set in stand by. Not sure if it will help, but it might.
    I honestly think battery life in on par with iPhone 6 with a slight edge to the iPhone because it drains less will idle.
    But, fast charge is awesome. I can top off my battery while I'm in the shower in the morning and leave the house with 100% since it takes like 5 minutes to top it off after using as my alarm clock at night.
    ( I don't like leaving my phone on a charger for 6-8 hours while I sleep, so I charge at night before bed.)
    I have had mine for 15 days. I don't own a car charger at all, and I have never needed to charge the phone before getting home for the night.
    For me, battery life is really good. I absolutely love my S6 Edge. But, I love iPhone and iOS too.
    I don't draw the line in the sand like some do. I don't have to hate iOS because I have an android phone, nor do I have to hate android because I have an iPhone and work at apple.
    I usually close my apps when I'm finished with them. I mean the whole battery drain situation isn't a deal breaker for me because I'm usually around near a wall outlet so that's not too much of a problem. But, I do wish it can give me 5-6 SoT without disabling wifi calling and other features.
    04-24-2015 01:59 PM
42 12