I wanted to see who is rocking the s6 "naked" and any issues to date with broken or scratched screens front or back? My s6 arrives tomorrow but I don't think the case will be here until Friday. I know I can not wait until Friday to use it
    04-21-2015 02:33 PM
    I did for awhile but just got a case (literally it came in the mail about 15 minutes ago) since I wanted a kick stand. I didn't have any issues with it. I will give this advice if you decide to go naked .. Be careful. It is still pretty slippery sometimes .
    04-21-2015 02:37 PM
    I didn't want to use a case, but the phone ended up being way too slick for me so I had to go with a case. I kept losing my grip on it while I was just sitting on the couch setting it up.
    04-21-2015 02:52 PM
    I've had it naked since the 10th when i got it. It drives me nuts and i'm so paranoid of dropping it mainly because of how slippery it is. It is a beautiful phone though and its been nice having it out. The case i got was a crystal clear case too so i'm not really covering it up when i get my case on it. Which is sitting at home waiting for me!

But as for your question, I've had 0 scratches on either the front or back of the phone, and the glass on both sides has been super easy to clean of finger prints.
    04-21-2015 03:06 PM
    Mine went commando until I filmed my Defender case review on April 12th. Since then, it's been great. The back and front are glass after all.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    04-21-2015 03:56 PM
    I wanted to see who is rocking the s6 "naked" and any issues to date with broken or scratched screens front or back? My s6 arrives tomorrow but I don't think the case will be here until Friday. I know I can not wait until Friday to use it
    Naked. I have the Samsung insurance but honestly......Samsung finally built a beautiful phone and for the life of me I can't imagine putting this work of art in a huge plastic case. I really like the ringke slim though but for me I am enjoying the S6 the way it was meant to be used. Naked.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-21-2015 04:02 PM
    You use it only over carpeting!
    04-21-2015 06:57 PM
    Ironically, I just cracked my screen today. Regular S6 with no case. I went for a run stupidly forgetting my key was in the same pocket as my phone. The weird thing is that the key was apparently pressed up against 1 spot on the glass the whole time and looks to have been rubbing on only that 1 spot (no other scratches to be found). But rather than just scratching the glass at that spot (which it did), it also sent cracks splitting from that spot in 3 different directions.

Got the phone on 4/9, bought Squaretrade insurance on 4/19, cracked the screen on 4/21. I'm thinking of waiting a month or so to put in the claim so they don't hassle me, but I suppose it depends on how much the crack bothers me. The other reason I'm reluctant to send it in is that it was working perfectly with none of the issues I've been reading about on this board. If I send it back, I suspect I'll just get a refurb that may be full of issues . . .

Woe is me . . .
    04-21-2015 07:27 PM
    Ironically, I just cracked my screen today. Regular S6 with no case. I went for a run stupidly forgetting my key was in the same pocket as my phone. The weird thing is that the key was apparently pressed up against 1 spot on the glass the whole time and looks to have been rubbing on only that 1 spot (no other scratches to be found). But rather than just scratching the glass at that spot (which it did), it also sent cracks splitting from that spot in 3 different directions.

Got the phone on 4/9, bought Squaretrade insurance on 4/19, cracked the screen on 4/21. I'm thinking of waiting a month or so to put in the claim so they don't hassle me, but I suppose it depends on how much the crack bothers me. The other reason I'm reluctant to send it in is that it was working perfectly with none of the issues I've been reading about on this board. If I send it back, I suspect I'll just get a refurb that may be full of issues . . .

Woe is me . . .
    My keys are rarely if ever in the same pocket as my GS6. Defender has a decent screen protector.
    04-21-2015 07:29 PM
    My phone is rarely if ever in the same pocket as my GS6. Defender has a decent screen protector.
    Your phone is rarely in the same pocket as your GS6? How many phones do you carry?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-21-2015 07:39 PM
    No case dropped today at work from shirt pocket I'm 5'9 on to diamond plate. Just a little dent on bottom not even noticeable. No broke glass. I like the durability.
    04-22-2015 01:06 AM
    My theory is that two samples of the same exact phone model will not necessarily respond the same way to a fall. Most will probably shatter, but if you just happen to be unlucky and get that one phone that didn't have perfectly tempered glass, it will.
    04-22-2015 01:15 AM