Question about Battery/Usage

Subie15

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
So I have S4 currently and can upgrade through ATT. I was looking at the S6, but the only thing holding me back is the battery and the knocks Ive been hearing against it (I was against the non SD card issue, but I think I'll be fine in the end, all my music, all 12.3 GBs of it, is on my SD card in my S4). What I'm wondering is with my usage is if I'll be fine. I charge it overnight (with phone off) and when I get to work (with my current S4) I'm at around 96%. I rarely mess around with my phone while at work cause I'm constantly moving. At lunch I'm usually on it for about 20-30 minutes (depending on if theres anyone to talk with). As it is now when I get home I have anywhere from 40-70% of my battery left. If its too low I'll charge it when I get home. For the most part I'm a Facebook, Web surfer, and minor game user (Words with Friends, Trivia Crack, Dice with Buddies, etc). I use my phone I feel more for music (both at work, and through Bluetooth in my car, and use the Power Amp music app). I have my WIFI on all the time since work has free WIFI. I wouldn't consider myself a heavy user. So with that said, and the fact I'm going to disable a bunch of stuff when/if I get it, along with using power saver mode, do any of you think I'll have battery issues or high battery usage? This is the only thing I'm worried about.

The only other question I have in regards to storage, is how much does the phone use in storage (stuff like bloatware, OS, etc). I know most true storage is never the amount they state cause the OS and other crap takes up some of that space. I figure with the music I have minus the 32 GBS, it would be around 20GBs left, and less with what the phone takes up. I don't think I'll need the 64GB, but I want to make sure.

Honestly I'm torn between upgrading to an S5 or an S6. I've heard theres not much of an upgrade between the S4 and S5, but then the S5 still has a removable battery and a SD slot. I feel though there would be a greater jump in upgrade between the S4 and S6.

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Mine S6 has been off the charger since 8a today and it's now 9:32p and I'm at 50%. I usually do around the same usage as you in similar environments, though today was a little lower on the activity I think you should be fine. I also had an initial reaction to the battery/SD change but I'm already over it. It looks like the "system" is taking up 15gb if that helps on the memory. I have 128 because I store a lot but 64 should be good for most. I would go for the S6.

Subie15

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Mine S6 has been off the charger since 8a today and it's now 9:32p and I'm at 50%. I usually do around the same usage as you in similar environments, though today was a little lower on the activity I think you should be fine. I also had an initial reaction to the battery/SD change but I'm already over it. It looks like the "system" is taking up 15gb if that helps on the memory. I have 128 because I store a lot but 64 should be good for most. I would go for the S6.

Ok, thanks for your help then! I think I'll consider the 64 then since that won't leave me much space left, especially when I download more music in the future/apps. As far as the battery/sd change, I figure ore phones will start going to that now, so I might as well not get too mad about it.

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Ok, thanks for your help then! I think I'll consider the 64 then since that won't leave me much space left, especially when I download more music in the future/apps. As far as the battery/sd change, I figure ore phones will start going to that now, so I might as well not get too mad about it.

Thought I'd give you an update if you haven't fully committed to a decision. I went out of town on business for a few days, unplugged at 7a, meetings all day, happy hour until 11. These types of things are usually battery killers, in my case especially because I was in a meeting room without much signal. I decided to test the battery saving mode for this. It reduced the performance of the phone to my old S4 (not an issue for the occasional email check), but the battery lasted all day with plenty left at the end of happy hour, which is really important because my Uber ride back to the hotel is key :)

You could easily put the battery saving mode button in the notification bar and activate it when you go to work. Probably a way to automate it based on location.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20