Home button doesn't respond 100% of the time. Being too picky?

detzx

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Coming from soft button phones maybe I'm just not used to a physical button but I would say 10% of the time I press the home button it doesn't work and I have to press it again, sometimes three times. Am I being too picky?

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Coming from soft button phones maybe I'm just not used to a physical button but I would say 10% of the time I press the home button it doesn't work and I have to press it again, sometimes three times. Am I being too picky?

You're not. I've had the same issues. I'm almost second guessing myself wondering if I pushed the home button at all? It is a bit too firm and pushes don't always register.

J

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I've yet to have this problem. Mine has been very responsive. If it persists I'd look into seeing if you can get an exchange.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Just one thing to consider and something that created one of the so called "lag" of previous Galaxy versions, the Home button is used to open the camera with 2 quick press, before it was used to open the S voice with the same, so obviously when you pressed the button once it had a "lag" (that I'd call it more like a delay) to see if you were trying to press home once to go Home or waiting for the second press to open the S Voice.

So what I'm saying is that even when mine doesn't seem to be doing what you describe, it may be possible that the speed in which you are doing it may be causing the phone to wait to see if you are going to press again so it can open the camera, again, I'm just guessing here, but I can advise you to press the home button with a one firm motion and see if that can help, if not, don't let your 14 days expire and go get a replacement.

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys dont know if im just being paranoid but is the home button flush on your devices or does it have a big hump when running your finger across it?

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674