Pin Windows and Additional Modes for Camera App and other missing features

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
There are a couple of features that Samsung decided to remove or hide that users that comes from other Lollipop phones are certainly missing, one of them is the Multiple Profiles option that is present in basically all other Lollipop devices, why? Nobody know but I've been looking for it and can't find it, so they removed it for sure, not that I'll use it anyways but it's always good to know is there, just in case.

The other 2 things are something that I've been posting over the S6 edge forum and one is the missing additional camera modes that were very useful in previous Galaxy versions and one of the new Lollipop feature called Pin Windows.

Don't forget to go to the Galaxy Apps (Samsung Play Store) and download your Camera Add-On Modes. The better ones for me are the Rear-Cam Selfies, Sports Mode and Food Mode. Rear-Cam selfies will use the great Rear Camera hardware and software to get your selfies and it will shoot automatically when it detects a face, great feature, the other 2 are self explanatory.

Also, check the Pin Windows feature. For those of you that didn't know about it, or wondering what happened with this Lollipop feature on our phones, Samsung turned it off by default and it's basically buried under the Lockscreen Menu, if you want to look for it go to Lock Screen and Security- Other Security settings and you will find it there, or even easier, just go to settings and search for Pin Windows.

Go and see what this little nice feature can do, but in a summary, any App or screen you want to have it fixed (Pinned) on your screen just press the Recent Apps buttons and it will allow you to pin it, you won't get out of that screen until long press the Recent Apps again.

I can tell you that for me is very useful because I use a couple of Online Games that are played directly on the browser and you don't have a clue of how many times I've lost or simply needed to begin again because I hit the back or recent apps capacitive buttons. That's just one of the reason but I can think of a couple more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol