Samsung Theme Editor Now available

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The themes are getting worse.

"Stay with me"? I swear I almost threw my phone at the nearest hipster teenager after seeing that.

Posted via the Android Central App

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The best themes in the store as of right now imo are:
- Lonely Dawn
- Night Bridge
- My Way
- Urban

Those are the less girly/kid ones and actually look good when you change the wallpaper

jrsnively1

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
The BMW theme is the simplest and best looking so far, the only caveat is that there is the slight imprint of a bmw car on every white background but it is not that noticeable

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Is coding required to make these themes, or is it simply picking colour palettes and adding backgrounds?
If I could just do enough to set:
-a clean font for the lockscreen clock
-a good colour combination for the notifications shade
-a clean look in Samsung apps with a clean wallpaper (like a solid colour or at least subtle pattern)

... that would be ideal. I always change the home/lockscreen wallpaper and the icons (using Nova), so that's all that really matters.

Andrew Locklair

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Anyone have any idea if the 255 frame limit on the animations can be increased or worked around? I'm trying to convert using the Theme Designer from bootanimation.zip to QMG files for boot animations, but I'm using the 60FPS Android L which has about 360 frames total at 60FPS and can't seem to get that limit increased. It crashes when I try to load more than 255 images.

lgcassity

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Could someone share the theme software, or is it locked or something. Samsung is being very picky about who makes themes and so they hold the software prisoner.
I'm not a great designer, but I would love to make a few private themes for my use alone. Nobody else wants my family on their phone, it least I hope not! 😀
Is there a way around Samsung's tyranny, or a 3rd party solution that doesn't require root access?

DestroyerOfWorlds

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
I'm totally down for a partnership of sorts. I'm not exactly sure what you've got in mind, but man, I look at new ideas and I'm at tges for different hat daily! How dark for you may be different than dark for me lol. I got some pretty... Out there. Graveyards, demons, Gothic girls, castles, and pentagrams for starters. I'd love to move forward!

Jadedea

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I just signed up for this. I hope my meek portfolio is good enough for an approval. I want to create some dark themes and themes for the colorblind as well. But mostly I want some clean, modern, dark and free (the kind when you look at it you want to lick your screen). <---I may be the only one who gets that way, but yeah. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC