Best (free) Password Keeper?

-Scienide-

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Does the Free version work fine or do you have the paid version?

The free version works fine but won't sync between desktop and other devices. Paid version syncs everything all the time. I had the free version for a long time and then decided it was pretty damn good and shelled out for the paid version.

Posted via the Android Central App

hemant#IM

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I use Last pass got 6 months with s6 gifts and then bought that package where u had 1 year sub for evernote, Last pass, pocket etc. It works even for apps so worth it.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
The free version works fine but won't sync between desktop and other devices. Paid version syncs everything all the time. I had the free version for a long time and then decided it was pretty damn good and shelled out for the paid version.

I don't mind paying for good software but hate to pay a yearly fee. I would purchase the paid version if it was only a one time charge.

-Scienide-

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't mind paying for good software but hate to pay a yearly fee. I would purchase the paid version if it was only a one time charge.

I get that. I bet one of the other apps mentioned in this thread will do the job for you.

They are all pretty good these days.

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I use LastPass. It works great, plus it has a great Chrome extension, so it works on my browser when I'm in Windows or in Linux.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Does the Free version work fine or do you have the paid version?

I hope I don't jinx myself here, but I have Dashlane on my work laptop, home PC, tablet and phone. They all sync up just fine, and I've never paid a dime for Dashlane.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I hope I don't jinx myself here, but I have Dashlane on my work laptop, home PC, tablet and phone. They all sync up just fine, and I've never paid a dime for Dashlane.

I downloaded Dashlane and mine say I have a 30 day trial of premium. Maybe it keeps working after the 30 day trial?
I'm also a little skeptical of Dashlane with my passwords and personal information. :p

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded Dashlane and mine say I have a 30 day trial of premium. Maybe it keeps working after the 30 day trial?
I'm also a little skeptical of Dashlane with my passwords and personal information. :p

Hmmm...I've been using Dashlane for years, so maybe I'm "grandfathered" into the premium features?

-Scienide-

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm...I've been using Dashlane for years, so maybe I'm "grandfathered" into the premium features?

Possible. I've only had it for a year and half. I got a lot of premium time for free by referring friends to sign up though. I only paid for the premium this year when I got a new phone and needed to sync all my passwords again.

-Scienide-

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't worry. Its supposed to be encrypted at the user end. They don't get access the data as far as i know. I might be talking crap though, I'm no expert.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Lastpass user for several users. Premium version has been terrific for me and they keep adding features.

Also what someone else said. All of the good managers encrypt the data before it ever gets uploaded to the cloud. The danger of getting your data hacked is extremely low.

--
Should there be smoke coming out of my cpu?