04-27-2015 06:24 PM
67 123
tools
    I've never used this type of device before so maybe I don't get it, is it just the fact that you don't have to plug in anymore that's the draw? Not sure I see the huge appeal over that one factor, but again, I might be missing something.
    I think that's basically it. For $10 each (Duracell Powermat) it's worth it for me. It's just more convenient, and one less wire hanging out of my phone for my 5 and 2 year old sons to yank on or run into. For someone like my wife it's almost a necessity, she damages just about every charging port in every device she has ever owned. So I guess it's a matter of perspective, but as low priced as some of these chargers are, the value is there for many of us.
    04-23-2015 07:36 AM
    The powerbot charger has a green LED which changes to blue when you're charging your phone. There is no beep or chime sound from the powerbot when you initiate charging like many other chargers.
    Does it have the reported issue with the OEM charging pad that sometimes shuts off and lets the battery discharge? Haven't had issues though with my OEM pad.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    04-23-2015 08:20 AM
    I've never used this type of device before so maybe I don't get it, is it just the fact that you don't have to plug in anymore that's the draw? Not sure I see the huge appeal over that one factor, but again, I might be missing something.
    Convenience and saves wear and tear on the USB port.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    04-23-2015 08:21 AM
    Samsung wireless charging pad is on the UPS truck for delivery. Cant wait to try it out.
    04-23-2015 08:43 AM
    The powerbot charger has a green LED which changes to blue when you're charging your phone. There is no beep or chime sound from the powerbot when you initiate charging like many other chargers.
    Yup this. I love the fact that there's no sound, just the LED.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-23-2015 05:26 PM
    Which charger do people recommend now that a handful of them have been tested? I want to get one that is relatively inexpensive
    04-23-2015 08:34 PM
    Which charger do people recommend now that a handful of them have been tested? I want to get one that is relatively inexpensive
    I use the Duracell Powermat it charges pretty fast and it was pretty cheap on Amazon

Ebay has these small chargers that are $2 each I bought 2 of them but have yet to try them...but they seem to have good reviews

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!
    ballzac likes this.
    04-23-2015 08:42 PM
    I use the Duracell Powermat it charges pretty fast and it was pretty cheap on Amazon

Ebay has these small chargers that are $2 each I bought 2 of them but have yet to try them...but they seem to have good reviews

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!
    Sweet! I will check those out, I get sketched out about SUPER cheap wireless chargers as I feel they can in some way harm my phone or battery. I dont really know about the technicalities of wireless charging so maybe it is a non-issue but maybe someone else can shed some lights on that
    04-23-2015 08:53 PM
    Just curious--Does the wireless charging "pause" glitch happen with the Samsung chargers or non-Samsung chargers or both? Also, there are so many on Amazon to choose from is there one to stay away from specifically? I don't want to damage my phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    04-23-2015 09:28 PM
    Depends. If you are like me, sitting at a desk all day, it is very nice. Just lay your phone down on the charger. When you want to use it pick it up. No wires to disconnect or have hanging off the phone. Then, when done, lay it back down, and it starts charging. It isn't much of an advantage for overnight charging, but in the right situation, it is very a very seamless process.
    04-23-2015 11:23 PM
    Also love wireless charging. I have the Note 4 (w/ the wireless charging case), and my husband has the GS6. He has a fairly heavy duty case on his (not the Otterbox Defender, but similar), and I wasn't sure it would charge through that, but it does. It's not like plugging it in is super time consuming ;-), but for me, it's just a very nice convenience. I also have a wireless charger at work. Mine were both pretty inexpensive, but my husband got the free Samsung wireless charger when he got his new phone.
    04-24-2015 04:58 AM
    Now the big question: Is the wireless charger bad for health? As till now we don't really know if simple wifi routers can be bad for health...
    04-24-2015 05:33 AM
    Also love wireless charging. I have the Note 4 (w/ the wireless charging case), and my husband has the GS6. He has a fairly heavy duty case on his (not the Otterbox Defender, but similar), and I wasn't sure it would charge through that, but it does. It's not like plugging it in is super time consuming ;-), but for me, it's just a very nice convenience. I also have a wireless charger at work. Mine were both pretty inexpensive, but my husband got the free Samsung wireless charger when he got his new phone.
    Is your husband's charging time pretty fast? I believe it is a 2 amp charger. I got mine the same way.
    04-24-2015 05:55 AM
    Im right with you there. The one main benefit other than not having to plug it in i guess is saving from wearing the usb port adapter out quicker? I know thats far fetched but for some reason with this device the port is tight (like a TIGER!) and i get nervous, thinking i may damage it by accident.
    04-24-2015 09:04 AM
    I have had this one at work for a while with my previous phone (S5) and am now using it with my S6. Works great, and having 3 coils gives it a really nice sweet spot, which means you don't have to be so careful about placing the phone on it.

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Charg...cUvbUpU4383502
    ballzac likes this.
    04-24-2015 09:44 AM
    I agree. I love having it now. I get home and just drop it on the pad and bam charging .. someone calls? Simply pick it up and walk around without worrying about unplugging .
    04-24-2015 09:53 AM
    I am looking into wireless charging once I decide on which S6 phone I want to buy. The problem I have (at work anyways) is the dryness in my office causing static electricity. I make sure to touch something metal or the blinds before I unplug my phone otherwise I get a really good zap. I also heard this is not good for the phone. Does using a wireless charger reduce the static electricity?
    04-24-2015 10:06 AM
    Is your husband's charging time pretty fast? I believe it is a 2 amp charger. I got mine the same way.
    He just uses it at night, so not sure.
    04-24-2015 10:49 AM
    I had wireless charginh on my palm pre and HP touchpad tablet. What I don't understand is why it's taken another 5 years to take off? Web os was awesome BTW. You can see a little of it in lollipop. RIP
    Me, also. Still use my Touchpad (with cyanogenmod on it!) and use its wireless charger. This is the one feature that turned my head toward the Samsung. Well, that, and a camera that isn't crap. Right, HTC?
    04-24-2015 11:02 AM
    I think that's basically it. For $10 each (Duracell Powermat) it's worth it for me. It's just more convenient, and one less wire hanging out of my phone for my 5 and 2 year old sons to yank on or run into. For someone like my wife it's almost a necessity, she damages just about every charging port in every device she has ever owned. So I guess it's a matter of perspective, but as low priced as some of these chargers are, the value is there for many of us.
    Do you have a link to the duracell powermat for $10? I can't seem to find one for that low of a price.
    04-24-2015 11:54 AM
    Do you have a link to the duracell powermat for $10? I can't seem to find one for that low of a price.
    This is the one I bought, but it's gone up a little in price.

Amazon.com: Duracell Powermat 24-Hour Power System for iPhone 4/4s - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I bought two for $9.99. Now, FYI, I am noticing they make my phone hotter than the Samsung wireless charger does. I'm still trying to gather the data to prove the difference in temperature, but if I find out it's significant, I may not be using the Powermat moving forward.
    04-24-2015 12:35 PM
    I've never tried wireless charging, is it really worth it?
    Definitely worth it. Have a qi dock in my car.

Posted via the Android Central App
    TimmyB likes this.
    04-24-2015 12:56 PM
    Has anyone had any success using the wireless charger with a case on the phone?
    04-24-2015 03:56 PM
    I have a very thin Spigen clear case and wireless charging works fine
    Shon123 likes this.
    04-24-2015 04:00 PM
    No issues with wireless charging and my Diztronic case.
    04-24-2015 04:14 PM
67 123