04-27-2015 06:24 PM
67 123
tools
    Got my wireless chargers in the mail yesterday and am loving the heck out of them. One at home and one at work, so far working like a charm, except for the random "wireless charging is paused" glitch. Please pardon the dust, obviously I need to clean soon!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails How did I live without wireless charging!?-1746.jpg  
    04-22-2015 05:52 PM
    I've got a powerbot for my car and it works great.
    04-22-2015 05:56 PM
    Well I tried uploading some other pics showing the phone on it, but AC app keeps crashing. It seems to crash a lot for some reason. Anyway you get the picture lol. Loving it!

Thanks to the crew at AC for the wireless charger info they out out a little while ago.

04-22-2015 05:58 PM
    Got my wireless chargers in the mail yesterday and am loving the heck out of them. One at home and one at work, so far working like a charm, except for the random "wireless charging is paused" glitch. Please pardon the dust, obviously I need to clean soon!

What's the wireless charging is paused glitch all about I haven't heard of that.

04-22-2015 06:23 PM
    I just started using wireless charing and I'm also getting the "wireless charging has paused" inconsistently, sometimes I won't get it at all and sometimes it keeps going on and off randomly. I was surprised I was able to charge around 30% in about 20 mins, not too bad.

Posted via S6
    04-22-2015 06:23 PM
    I just started using wireless charing and I'm also getting the "wireless charging has paused" inconsistently, sometimes I won't get it at all and sometimes it keeps going on and off randomly. I was surprised I was able to charge around 30% in about 20 mins, not too bad.

Posted via S6
    The only way I charge is wireless and I have never had that. That's weird.

04-22-2015 06:24 PM
    I've never tried wireless charging, is it really worth it?
    04-22-2015 06:39 PM

Posted via S6
    Yep! Wireless charging is actually much faster than I'd been led to believe. Very happy about it.

04-22-2015 06:43 PM
    Yep! Wireless charging is actually much faster than I'd been led to believe. Very happy about it.

2 amp chargers are fast. Use mine in my home office but my rapid charger overnight.
    04-22-2015 07:04 PM
    I've been looking to gut one, are those the ones that are like 15$? Do they work well with a case too? that's my only concern is using it with a case

04-22-2015 07:20 PM
    Wireless charging was probably the #1 thing I missed from my Palm Pre days. So glad to have it back.

TimmyB likes this.
    04-22-2015 07:21 PM
    I've been looking to gut one, are those the ones that are like 15$? Do they work well with a case too? that's my only concern is using it with a case

The ones I got (pic above) say they are 5 amp, charge pretty dang fast imo, and work thru my Urban Armor Gear case.

ballzac likes this.
    04-22-2015 07:28 PM
    I have a total of about 5 wireless chargers, two of which Best Buy gave me for free (the Samsung ones)
    I love it! My next phone must have wireless charging
    04-22-2015 07:31 PM

Same here its fast!, its just as fast as wired charging if not faster
    04-22-2015 07:32 PM
    Same here its fast!, its just as fast as wired charging if not faster
    Rapid charging by plugging in and wireless charging sets the GS66 apart from its competiton.
    04-22-2015 07:35 PM
    I have a total of about 5 wireless chargers, two of which Best Buy gave me for free (the Samsung ones)
    I love it! My next phone must have wireless charging
    Oh yeah I remember that! Very nice, you made out like a bandit. Yeah definitely have to have wireless on all next phones.

04-22-2015 08:31 PM

I'm using this one:
    http://www.amazon.ca/niceeshop-Stand...droidcent08-20

Super cheap and works well, use it for both my motor 360 and s6

Posted via S6
    ballzac likes this.
    04-22-2015 09:12 PM
    Yeah, love wireless charging! Got the official Samsung Wireless Charging Pad and a RAVPower wireless charging pad. Both charge pretty fast!

Sent from my ATT Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk
    04-22-2015 10:17 PM
    The ones I got (pic above) say they are 5 amp, charge pretty dang fast imo, and work thru my Urban Armor Gear case.

I think 5 amps means input not the output of it. The output is what is key
    04-22-2015 10:48 PM
    I think 5 amps means input not the output of it. The output is what is key
    Oh you're right, I just noticed that. Doesn't say what the output is.

04-23-2015 01:27 AM

I have a case on my Samsung s6 and the wireless charging works like a charm!

ballzac likes this.
    04-23-2015 02:54 AM
    I had wireless charginh on my palm pre and HP touchpad tablet. What I don't understand is why it's taken another 5 years to take off? Web os was awesome BTW. You can see a little of it in lollipop. RIP
    TimmyB likes this.
    04-23-2015 03:28 AM

Does the Powerbot have LED indicators like the OEM charging pad? What's the price differential?
    04-23-2015 05:42 AM
    Does the Powerbot have LED indicators like the OEM charging pad? What's the price differential?
    The powerbot charger has a green LED which changes to blue when you're charging your phone. There is no beep or chime sound from the powerbot when you initiate charging like many other chargers.
    04-23-2015 07:07 AM
    I've never used this type of device before so maybe I don't get it, is it just the fact that you don't have to plug in anymore that's the draw? Not sure I see the huge appeal over that one factor, but again, I might be missing something.
    04-23-2015 07:20 AM
67 123