06-27-2015 11:34 PM
44 12
tools
    Does a factory reset actually work? Seems like a canned answer a carrier would give when they don't know how to fix it. I ask as I would like to fix this issue but don't want to put a ton of hours setting my phone up again as I have a lot of different WIFI vpn, work email, yadda yadda yadda on it.
    05-21-2015 06:48 AM
    The only thing that worked for me was to use the option to use the Google account to log in but I had to turn two factor authentication off as it didn't work with it on.
    05-23-2015 12:14 PM
    You can unlock with your Google account from that point. It will then direct you to the settings and you can set a PIN and password for backup. It's done it to me too and I have to put my Google user and pw in.

At this point, my issue is somehow I am stuck on PIN unlock and I can't get it back to my fingerprint, so if you or anyone else knows how to get it back to fingerprint unlock, that would be great because I prefer that over the PIN.
    05-23-2015 02:39 PM
    what is 2FA?
    my phone is having the same issues as yours did...?
    Rtan713 likes this.
    05-26-2015 12:48 AM
    I just changed over to the samsung gallaxy S6 two weeks ago from the iphone. My finger print detection has been working great until this past weekend. Just like the above posts, I also had no finger print recognition. My backup password was correct but it said incorrect. I finally got the google login and was able to unlock my phone.

A few min later, same thing occurred. This time no prompt for google login. I had to go on the web to device manager and send a lock with a pin to my phone to unlock it. I can't afford to be locked out of my phone because of work related information I need quickly so I gave up on the fingerprint.

This has to be a software issue. I wondered if anyone has heard from samsung on the reason behind this mess. I haven't seen any bug fix info concerning the sensor. I would like to use this feature but it is too unreliable right now.

Thanks
    05-27-2015 11:26 AM
    Applications > Application Manager > Fingerprint > Clear data.

Turn your phone off, back on and..... voila!
    willowpc and silverhorn43 like this.
    05-28-2015 10:05 AM
    it happen 3 times already. second time I replace it. had enough. back to iphone
    05-30-2015 01:51 AM
    My galaxy S6 doesn't recognize my fingerprints and asking for backup password. I don't have any backup password. How can I unlock my phone and to set backup password?
    06-02-2015 11:42 AM
    You can unlock your phone using your Gmail acct. It just happened to me today. Once you miss your back up password a few times there is an option - unlock using Google acct - then you type your email and password and you're good to go
    06-08-2015 06:53 PM
    Mine just got stuck 'cause I was playing around with it. You can do a hard reset. Turn off the device. Hold the Volume Up + Home + Power button till the samsung logo appears and then scroll down to wipe/data reset
    06-13-2015 01:07 AM
    Fyi the same thing happened to me snd even trying to restore with my Google account it would fail. This was 100% a bug.. I found a work around without having to factory reset the phone.

If you log in to your samsung account online you can push over a pin number password to your device. You can then unlock the phone this way and then reconfigure your new finger print scanning password.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-13-2015 06:03 PM
    Same thing happened to me. Finally got in via Google+ account... whew! I immediately disabled the buggy/unreliable fingerprint lock junk!

Thanks for pointing out the Google+ option.

Ed in Columbus, OH
    06-22-2015 09:42 AM
    PLEASE someone help me! I have this problem. I start my phone, fingerprint does not work. I try my back-up password, it does not work. I then get the "Unlock with Google" option. I tried that and it denied me. I logg in on my google account via computer and change my password incase thats what i forgot. The new password does not work. When i then look in the upper left corner it says that my device is disconnected and not currently available. I assume that is because Im not connected to a WiFi. But my problem is that I cant connect to WiFi as my phone is locked. If i pull down the menu and click the WiFi icon it does not activate it. Please i really need help. Is my only option to factory reset, and if so does that work?
    06-22-2015 11:21 AM
    Did you manage to find a solution to this?

I cant turn on my internet too so I cant unlock using my google account. I phoned my local Samsung store and they said I have to wipe the phone so this is not an option.
    06-24-2015 06:05 AM
    PLEASE someone help me! I have this problem. I start my phone, fingerprint does not work. I try my back-up password, it does not work. I then get the "Unlock with Google" option. I tried that and it denied me. I logg in on my google account via computer and change my password incase thats what i forgot. The new password does not work. When i then look in the upper left corner it says that my device is disconnected and not currently available. I assume that is because Im not connected to a WiFi. But my problem is that I cant connect to WiFi as my phone is locked. If i pull down the menu and click the WiFi icon it does not activate it. Please i really need help. Is my only option to factory reset, and if so does that work?
    Did you manage to find a solution to this?

I cant turn on my internet too so I cant unlock using my google account. I phoned my local Samsung store and they said I have to wipe the phone so this is not an option.
    06-24-2015 06:06 AM
    I also have the same problem, I can not unlock my S6 edge I have tried with the backup password but it doesn't work at all, I was notice that using a google account works fine, I want to try this but I can not get the "unlock with a google account" , how can I get this option ? (tried to submit a wrong password, but it does nothing, not even a wrong password message, I don't even push an OK or Cancel button)

Actually what if I do not remember my google account or backup password... is there any other option that I can try ?

Thank you in advance !!
    06-25-2015 12:09 PM
    All - If you get the FP lockout error and your backup google password is correct but does not work do the following:

1) Visit the Samsung mobile locator site (Find My Mobile)
    2) Sign in if you have an existing account, create a new account if you do not
    3) Once logged in, send your phone an unlock signal and this action will allow you to regain access to your phone.

Once your phone is unlocked, make note of the Samsung URL and account credentials and save for future reference (DropBox?). If you need to re-register your fingerprints do that now.
    06-26-2015 10:55 AM
    I fixed this! I had this problem, it wouldn't recognise my fingerprint or back up password which was 100%correct, it also failed to recognise my Gmail account. I used a friends phone and logged into samsung find my mobile which has the same Gmail details and worked. From there I could unlock the screen and reset my passwords
    Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention!!! I knew I had a Samsung account but didn't know they offered a remote unlock. I tried doing it with my Google account (unsuccessfully since there is no way to do it) and actually ended up locking out my Google account, now waiting for Google to contact me.

Going to try this when I get home later! Thank you so much, Laura Murphy!
    06-26-2015 01:32 PM
    i have the same thing happen. the prolem is that the wifi and data is off so i can not log in my google acct. i dont want to do hard restore because i have a lot of important pictures and videos on my phone. does somebody know what to do?
    06-27-2015 11:34 PM
44 12