How many others have to give your phone a little juice just to make it from wake up to bed time? I don't have to charge it the entire way but I do set it on the wireless charger in my office when I am not using this. Is this damaging to the battery? I know batteries have come a long way but I am still not familiar with the best rules to keep it running at it's best.
    04-23-2015 06:01 AM
    How many others have to give your phone a little juice just to make it from wake up to bed time? I don't have to charge it the entire way but I do set it on the wireless charger in my office when I am not using this. Is this damaging to the battery? I know batteries have come a long way but I am still not familiar with the best rules to keep it running at it's best.
    Being an old RIM user, I turn it off and charge overnight to make sure it has enough juice but not during the day itself. On AT&T.
    04-23-2015 06:04 AM
    I charge twice a day and when I sleep. I'm a heavy user and I have to admit, I'm fully addicted.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-23-2015 06:09 AM
    I'm like jcp007 as well,

usually charge it over night and very rarely in the daytime.
    04-23-2015 06:43 AM
    Here is a battery care sheet someone posted the posted day.

forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-s/500054-guide-care-feeding-lithium-polymer-batteries.html#post4271880

MBM7881 likes this.
    04-23-2015 06:46 AM
    I usually throw it on my wireless charger in the afternoon. By then I'm usually at around 45% (take it off the charger at 5:30am). If I don't do that, it will get down to dangerous levels by 10pm, but it's never died on me. Coming from the 2013 Moto X, I'm more than happy with the battery life. Oh, and I'm not on wifi at work either. On Verizon.
    04-23-2015 07:00 AM
    I charge twice a day and when I sleep. I'm a heavy user and I have to admit, I'm fully addicted.

Me too....There is no way I would be able to make it without charging, lol. I've done all the tweaks, etc.
    04-23-2015 07:02 AM
    It seems to me the first few weeks of a phone release, the "my battery sucks" threads are a plenty....then, they die down.

I attribute it to me playing, tweaking and learning the new phones every single chance in get throughout the day..

When I first got my HTC One M8 GPE, I was charging it sometimes 4 times a day at first, same with the S6, and since this isn't GPE there are more "bells and whistles" so I am on it even more. But, like my M8 I fully expect for my battery to last much longer in the coming weeks as my tinkering and tweaking start to settle down....if not, oh well, lol....how many of us don't have chargers basically everywhere we can imaging....I have them at work, in my car, in my bedroom, living room and kitchen...I am hardly ever not near a charger...

Best of luck everyone, I am sure all our battery woes with level out soon enough...

04-23-2015 07:46 AM
    I charge all the time (wireless baby) but quick charge maybe once every 2 days when I decide to let the batter drag below 50%

Posted on my Galaxy S6 Edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    04-23-2015 07:47 AM
    I usually charge twice a day, and then once more at night. I'm a heavy user plus I'm off work this month and have nothing better to do lol.
    04-23-2015 08:00 AM
    I'm a light to medium user so I only charge once at night while I sleep
    04-23-2015 08:02 AM

Ditto

-= Cheers! =-
    04-23-2015 07:12 PM
    Once. Every night. Moderate use. Use about the same as my old S5.
    04-23-2015 07:17 PM
    once. that's usually an hour before I sleep. its still at a good 50ish percent at the time. my nexus 5 would need some help midday. so, this battery is a big improvement for me.

04-23-2015 08:17 PM
    I tested this today. I usually always have battery saving on. I'm used to plugging in at lunch time for like 20 minutes or so to get a quick boost and yesterday I used my wireless charger at work extensively to the point I never let it get below 80% lol.

Anyway, today I took the phone off the charger at 6:45 I turned battery Saver off and used it at auto brightness and just rolled with it all day with no charging. I took it to 18% at 10 pm tonight. 15 hours 25 minutes on battery, 4 hours 30 minutes ish screen on time.

So if that's with no battery saver on, imagine how great I'm getting with the brightness down and battery saver on as I usually do. I don't even need to charge more than the usual over night unless I do way more than my usual stuff.

In conclusion: I get more impressed with this phone and battery every day.

04-24-2015 01:24 AM
    Being an old RIM user, I turn it off and charge overnight to make sure it has enough juice but not during the day itself. On AT&T.
    Yup same here, only charge overnight and it last me through the day
    04-24-2015 01:27 AM