Something like Glance

Zolotoy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I am looking for an app that would do what Nokia Glance does - showing notifications on a phone when it's off. Any idea?

Thanks

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Good thread. One of my favorite features of my Lumia was Nokia Glance which displays emails/messages, etc. all the time on your lockscreen with a nominal power draw but you can always "glance" at the phone to see what you've missed without touching it at all. AMOLED screens are perfect for this since only the lighted parts draw power.

Neither of these apps quite do that (but thanks so much for the recommendations!) - Dynamic Notifications is a Motorola lock screen replica which is not terrible but still not as terrific as Glance. You have to touch it to pull up a second screen to actually see the notification.

Somebody really needs to build a Glance replica on Android. That would be stellar!!!!

Cormango

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Glance Screen was something I really missed coming from a Lumia device.

I ended up using both acdisplay and clock plus. I had to enable the daydream function in android and set it to the clock plus app. This gives me a glance screen while the device is charging. Acdisplay seems to take care of the rest.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12