My journey

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
first let me start by saying I spend almost $2000 a year on phones. I have a sickness,lol.

I have had every flagship android since I can remember and have always been happy,at least I tbought I was.

Never swayed from android until two months ago. I decided to try the iPhone 6 plus, I was utterly surprised with how much I enjoyed it. But as usual , the s6 came it and I HAD to have it.

So last Friday comes, went to best buy , $700 later I'm walking out with the next best thing. Loved it , size, screen, how it felt in hand, but wow , the battery wasn't up to par. So I read through the forums , saw the problems, made the tweaks , and still wasn't too happy. I am not a heavy user, but was still needing to charge twice a day, never, on any android I have owned did I have to do that. Than I started to think about , why with the way technology is these days do you have to spend that kind of money on a device and disable over 40!apps to still get sub par battery life?

Like I said I am an android fanatic , but for the expierence I had with the iPhone I am back with it and returning s6 today. I wanted to like it, really. It just amazed me how the iPhone ran smooth right out of the box. No adjustments, smooth running. Not perfect, no phone is and I know every person has their own opinion, this is mine. Hopefully it is resolved soon and I can come back to it,phone was really nice, quick and smooth.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your woes. I have had the opposite experience. The s6 is more reliable and stable than my old iphone 6 plus. But if the iPhone works better for you, by all means, stick with it

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
For web browsing and instant messaging I don't think Android can beat Apple in this field yet :(

Fair point but Apple has a bit more optimization and a headstart. Apple can control more since only make their products.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your woes. I have had the opposite experience. The s6 is more reliable and stable than my old iphone 6 plus. But if the iPhone works better for you, by all means, stick with it

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

This.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I love my 6+, but after 6 months with it I just grew bored probably in large part to the lack of customizations. Wanting to try android again I got the S6. For me the thing about any phone is having the ability to change things up to suit my moods. The 6+ is an awesome device with a great, nice big screen, but no real ability to change things up once in a while, hence the boredom sets in. I'm keeping both and will use the 6+ on trips for it's awesome screen size, no need to take a laptop or tablet along. I'm firmly enjoying my return to android after an 18 month hiatus. One more unexpected plus with the S6 is the friends I talked to say I sound much clearer now as opposed to the iPhone, wasn't expecting this , but happy about it.