The Battery Life Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
There's no way around this; the battery life on the S6/S6 Edge is an ongoing issue that some have and some don't. There's thread after thread about this topic, but a lot of the information gets lost as there's nothing stickied to address it. If a mod could sticky this thread, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Now let's get to the obvious problem here. There's a whole lot of you who've had issues with the battery life on these devices. Here's a few reasons this may be happening:

-Android Lollipop has known issues involving cell standby and Google Services. It affects these devices and other devices on Lollipop, as well. This is probably the most common issue and seems to be the problem the majority of you are having.

-You may have a defective device. You've tried multiple factory resets, but your battery is terrible even after making all the tweaks that have been suggested.

-This device may not meet your needs as far as battery life goes. They're smaller batteries (2550 and 2600 mah respectively) and don't have the same stamina as other devices. This may be an unfortunate realization for some of you.

This thread should be used to share your screens, discuss new news regarding the battery life for these devices, and learn tips and tricks to extend your battery life. If we keep this all under one thread, the issues may be easier to address.

A special thanks to Erasat for having the patience I lack to help everyone with their battery life woes. This is a link to a thread he started quite awhile ago that should be viewed first to help address any issues you're having. I'm going to try to be more patient and help in any way I can. Some of you are really frustrated with this and instead of just pointing out that I'm not having these issues, I'll try to help as much as I can.

Adjustments, tips and tricks to maximize Battery Life on Samsung Galaxy S6/edge - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae