Verizon Gold Shipping Update?

Ken98045#AC

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Still nothing on my S6/128/gold/std. I did talk to some customer support person a couple of days ago and they said that they are still scheduled to ship 5/1. I'll believe that until 5/2. After that I'm asking for upgraded shipping when it does (finally) ship.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I received an email tonight from verizon stating that they didn't receive the stock of 128gb gold and my shipping date is now 5/17. So disappointed I ordered on 4/1 as soon as it went live. Ugh.

Ken98045#AC

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Hmm -- same situation, but I didn't get the Edge, No email from Verizon. Maybe no news is good news (but I doubt it). I guess I'll ask them to next day ship me a black one. I don't really care about the color all that much. If I would have realized the delay I would have ordered black to begin with.

Ken98045#AC

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
OK, no shipping on the Gold/128 for May1. They are now saying May 8. However, after griping a lot they offered me a $20.00 credit on my account. Gripe away!

Pinhead117

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I am disgusted! I ordered the S6 Edge Gold 128GB when the preorders went live on April 1, 2015 and I was anxiously waiting for it to ship on May 1st. Got the email May 2nd that Verizon was working hard to fulfill my order, but it would be delayed and they will send me an email when it ships. Whoopee!

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I am disgusted! I ordered the S6 Edge Gold 128GB when the preorders went live on April 1, 2015 and I was anxiously waiting for it to ship on May 1st. Got the email May 2nd that Verizon was working hard to fulfill my order, but it would be delayed and they will send me an email when it ships. Whoopee!

Looks like they are not shipping until the 17th. :(

dougie1792

May 31, 2011
Visit site
This is the gold platinum 64gb I have had mine for weeks n it's at&t

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 20150503_143332.jpg
    20150503_143332.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 21

Ken98045#AC

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
What they told me on the phone 5/1 was 5/8. I told them "Well, on does that mean that on 5/8 I'll call back and you'll tell me 5/15?". Response: "Oh, I'm sure that won't be the case.". I told them that if they weren't going to ship by 5/8 I wanted a black one tomorrow. "Oh, I'm sure you don't need to do that." Yeah, right.

Do go ahead and gripe. $20 isn't much, but it's better than nothing. Besides, making it hard for a company doing a lousy job may make it better for the next time they pull something like this.

I give up. I'm going to have them ship me a black one which should arrive 5/5.

What really ticks me off is that Verizon is acting like it is all Samsung's fault. Well yes it is their fault for not meeting the 5/1 deadline. However, it is certain that Verizon has a buy and/or account manager that could have called Samsung and asked if they were going to make their dates. For sure that buyer could have known on 4/30 that they weren't going to make a 5/1 ship date, right? I'm also reasonably certain that the 5/1 date was never really a possibility. Either late on 4/1 or 4/2 they were showing a ship date of 5/17 for new purchasers. I think that Verizon knew by 4/2 and they didn't want to admit that they made a mistake, and that they just wanted to string people along for some bizarre reason. Personally, I think that Verizon's buyer/account manager should be fired.

If I had any coverage at all for another carrier I'd drop Verizon immediately.

Last edited:

Pinhead117

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I know, I have a couple friends who already have the gold S6 Edge with AT&T. Don't know what happened with Verizon...reminds me of years ago when I was waiting months to get the HTC Thunderbolt, haha!

Pinhead117

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I know I was more upset than angry though. I'm actually used to the waiting game with so many years of buying cellphones! What was a bit aggravating was that I got up early on April 1st and ordered the gold 128GB S6 Edge as soon as the preorders went live. So me and the other thousands of idiots should have gotten them by May 1st. I don't think anyone with Verizon has gotten the gold yet...from calling the Verizon Wireless Stores, they don't have them yet either...or even BestBuy(who I wouldn't buy from because they are charging more than Verizon Wireless, which is ridiculous...I don't want their cheap wireless charging station, I already have a Tylt Vu. I just don't have the phone yet, haha!

Ken98045#AC

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
And anybody who orders today also gets shipping on May 17 according to the current Verizon web page.

BE CAREFUL about waiting until 5/17 though if you were counting on the minimum $100 trade-in deal. According to that fine print the trade-in must be completed by 5/17/15. So, if you wait for your gold you may not get that deal. Note that you cannot complete that process until after you have your new phone. I know I was counting on turning in a two versions old junker phone (worth $3 according to Verizon) so I can keep my most recent phone for backup (or sell it online for another $100). That's one of the main reasons I canceled my gold order and put in an order for a black one.

Last edited:

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Nope. It was supposed to ship 5/1 got an email the day before from verizon stating they didn't receive sufficient supply. Bull crap

Live life to the fullest ♡

Ken98045#AC

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Did you see my email regarding the 5/17 time limit for the $100 trade-in guarantee? Well, it also applies to the $50.00 rebate for purchase. If you noticed the fine print on your $499 purchase price that included the 50. If I were you I'd get on the phone and demand something in writing that says all of these programs apply to the order date, not the date of the final receipt or the actual "order" that starts when they charge your credit card and finalize things before shipping. I shouldn't think that that would be difficult, but sometimes the rebate process is slow anyway and inflexible. Anyway, it can't hurt to be prepared.

BTW, the Order Status link on Verizon order means NOTHING. Even though I canceled by order a week ago and bought black, it still shows that order as pending. It also shows the order for the black one as pending even though I've had it for 4 days. "Your order is processing. Your shipping details will be available soon." for the canceled gold. "Your order is currently being processed. You will receive an email update, sent to the address you provided, when your order status changes." for the received black.