Bluetooth earpiece audio fades in and out - was fine a week ago

j0urn3y

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I've had my AT&T S6 since launch. Paired my Jawbone ERA just fine. Made phone calls, voice commands, just fine.

About a week ago making calls using BT earpiece started getting wonky. The audio has a brief fade in and fade out as people talk. It also has a bit of an underwater sound.

Restarting the phone makes this problem go away for a short time then it returns. Before we throw up our hands and say "must be your BT device" let me share this...

1) Bluetooth audio between earpiece and G6 is fine for music and Google Maps - just seems to be on calls or using Google Now voice commands (EDIT)

2) When the fade/warble occurs and when a call is started, I hear four ring tones in a row. Restart the phone, make the call via BT and I hear two ring tones and BT audio is normal.

Because the BT earpiece was working fine a week ago I presume a recent update did something but the varied ring tone would suggest something with AT&T.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

zsekevin

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar issue listening to Spotify through my car using bluetooth. I turned off SoundAlive+ and the issue went away.

j0urn3y

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I found the cause of the problem: the OBD-II monitor from Automatic. I realized my BT audio problems started around the same time I got Automatic working with my GS6.

For now I just yanked out the Automatic and my audio quality on BT calls is back to normal.

I will contact their tech support and post an update when I have one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol