How do I skip tracks using volume buttons on earbuds?

A

AC Question

Skip tracks using volume buttons on earbuds

Greetings! I am a iPhone convert and couldn't be happier. I just got the Galaxy S6 which of course is running Lollipop. One of the features I used all the time on my iPhone was the ability to skip forward/back while listening to music (e.g. Pandora, Rhapsody, Music Player, etc.). I'm afraid to ask but am I to understand this functionality does NOT work on this phone/OS??? If so, how can I get around this? I do not want to root the phone nor do I want to be forced to use apps that require me to play music stored on the phone. I have subscriptions to Pandora and Rhapsody for a reason. Frankly, had I known this was the case I probably would have stuck with the iPhone.

I know similar questions have been asked but none provide clear solutions. Most result in several variations of... "you should use Poweramp".

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Skip tracks using volume buttons on earbuds

I believe you can do this with headphones made for Android. I'm sure the ones that came in the box must be able to do this? I haven't even unwrapped mine so I can't say for sure. Anyway, I have some nice Bose MIE2i headphones that I use with my iPhone but if I want the same functionality (volume, skipping) with my GS6 I have to buy the pair made for Android.

Bose actually has some that say "for Samsung Galaxy phones" and they advertise the in-line controls being able to adjust volume and skip tracks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Skip tracks using volume buttons on earbuds

On some headphones, you can double click the play button to skip forward, triple click to skip backwards

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678