06-25-2015 10:14 PM
93 123 ...
tools
    This is a background app killer app, and I would have never gotten this good of a battery because of this app

The app is called "ShutApp Battery Saver"
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....yirga.shutapp

Before I couldn't even reach 3 hrs and 20 minutes of screen time...now look at what I am getting now! I recommend those with battery problems try this app

That small charge was only 10%, I was charging my phone while driving

The app that saved my battery!-uploadfromtaptalk1429842174209.jpg
    The app that saved my battery!-uploadfromtaptalk1429842184130.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!
    04-23-2015 09:24 PM
    You have Android System and Android OS as your next two biggest battery killers after the screen which means you're not really using any apps. And you've been on battery only 8 hours and you have 25% left so it doesn't mean much for people who take their phone off the charger at 7am and charge it again at night. It's also a really bad idea to kill apps constantly because starting them up again all the time wastes precious battery. All in all I don't think this proves anything.
    Rukbat, gozirra, TimmE and 2 others like this.
    04-23-2015 09:29 PM
    You have Android System and Android OS as your next two biggest battery killers after the screen which means you're not really using any apps. And you've been on battery only 8 hours and you have 25% left so it doesn't mean much for people who take their phone off the charger at 7am and charge it again at night. It's also a really bad idea to kill apps constantly because starting them up again all the time wastes precious battery. All in all I don't think this proves anything.
    What I have noticed though is that there are background apps that are draining my battery (for example, my radio apps). I usually check application manager and see what apps are running, and there are a bunch of apps I have downloaded that are running, even though I dont use them much. It would make sense for them to close. This app doesnt close any system apps, just apps you have downloaded

Even if my screen time is not a lot, I would have not have been able to get over 4hrs of screen time, and have not been able to from my previous experiences with the phone.

If anyone doesn't want to try this app, they dont have to, but I recommend its worth a try for those who are willing....I'm gonna keep this app
    ray sital likes this.
    04-23-2015 09:34 PM
    This is what I used to get before... It was horrible
    The app that saved my battery!-uploadfromtaptalk1429843453723.jpg

04-23-2015 09:44 PM
    I use 360 Security which has an app killer tool in out which I like. I use 360 on my computers so I trust it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TYIYy5ogTW0YEo

Posted via the Android Central App
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    04-23-2015 09:51 PM
    How does this compare to Greenify? Have you tried it? I like the idea of having apps that are not used frequently disabled so they can't leach battery. I do understand that if you are killing apps just to reopen them, it is counterproductive.
    04-23-2015 11:15 PM
    How does this compare to Greenify? Have you tried it? I like the idea of having apps that are not used frequently disabled so they can't leach battery. I do understand that if you are killing apps just to reopen them, it is counterproductive.
    I have tried Greenify but it's Co fusing to use because u gotta change some background settings before it can work

This is my battery result after using this app... It's a keeper!

The app that saved my battery!-uploadfromtaptalk1429850253965.jpgThe app that saved my battery!-uploadfromtaptalk1429850261654.jpg

04-23-2015 11:37 PM
    I am not a fan of task killers however if you have a few rogue apps that run in the background then certainly a Task killer for those specific apps would help. I would not kill apps that aren't hogging up background resources though.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    BioFanatic likes this.
    04-24-2015 12:26 AM
    I am not a fan of task killers however if you have a few rogue apps that run in the background then certainly a Task killer for those specific apps would help. I would not kill apps that aren't hogging up background resources though.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    Yup I agree, I'm usually not a fan of task killers either, but if I can kill a few apps to help extend my battery I'll dive in

I was able to get 6 hrs of screen time... I may have to use this if it's helping me like this... I never would have gotten this battery without it and without having to drastically change my settings

The app that saved my battery!-uploadfromtaptalk1429854164539.jpg

04-24-2015 12:42 AM
    Please keep us posted on how it goes. The reviews were not that great for lollipop OS.
    04-24-2015 01:16 AM

If anyone doesn't want to try this app, they dont have to, but I recommend its worth a try for those who are willing....I'm gonna keep this app
    Ok, I'm giving it a go. UI is nice and simple, it just shut 52 BG apps, white listed 5 apps. I will report back in a few days. Thanks for the tip!

dreaming of electric sheep
    04-24-2015 02:09 AM
    Yup I agree, I'm usually not a fan of task killers either, but if I can kill a few apps to help extend my battery I'll dive in

I was able to get 6 hrs of screen time... I may have to use this if it's helping me like this... I never would have gotten this battery without it and without having to drastically change my settings

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429854164539.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	173418

I've noticed that almost anything on my phone can just run in the background and kill battery. A few things I've even forsed stopped because of it. I wouldn't be stupefied if this is the major reason for people's poor battery life.

I personally don't have much installed. So maybe that's why I'm suffering from lollipop but not affected that much at all. But the common person will download everything on day one and then wonder why their battery life is horrible.

smooth4lyfe and BioFanatic like this.
    04-24-2015 02:40 AM
    This is a background app killer app, and I would have never gotten this good of a battery because of this app

Before I couldn't even reach 3 hrs and 20 minutes of screen time...now look at what I am getting now! I recommend those with battery problems try this app

Sounds similar to Greenify which I use:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sfeng.greenify
    04-24-2015 03:42 AM

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429854164539.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	173418

I have tried one on my GS4. Don't remember which one. Keep us posted.
    04-24-2015 06:00 AM

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429842174209.jpg 
Views:	508 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	173396

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429842184130.jpg 
Views:	507 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	173397

Lollipop doesn't need this. App killers end your using battery. Surprised that people are still resorting to these.

04-24-2015 06:16 AM
    Lollipop doesn't need this. App killers end your using battery. Surprised that people are still resorting to these.

So, what to make of apps I haven't used for a couple days showing up as using the battery each day? You think allowing such apps to run helps? That really makes no sense. The alternative would be to uninstall them. Uninstalling them wouldn't hurt battery life, right? But I don't want to uninstall them because I do use them occasionally. Explain how using greenify on these apps is counterproductive.
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    04-24-2015 07:16 AM

The results show otherwise for me atleast

04-24-2015 10:10 AM
    I'm getting 19 hours with about 4 hours plus of SOT with no app killer.
    vr002sh likes this.
    04-24-2015 10:25 AM
    I'm getting 19 hours with about 4 hours plus of SOT with no app killer.
    You probably don't have a lot of apps installed which could be running in the background
    Plus I leave bluetooth on pretty much 24/7 because of my Smartwatch, so I need my battery to last as long as it can
    04-24-2015 10:29 AM
    You probably don't have a lot of apps installed which could be running in the background
    Plus I leave bluetooth on pretty much 24/7 because of my Smartwatch, so I need my battery to last as long as it can
    I've got Bluetooth (Moto 360) and WiFi on all day. 88 total apps installed on my phone.
    vr002sh likes this.
    04-24-2015 10:49 AM
    I'm in! Thanks for the tip OP! Can't wait to see if this will help.
    04-24-2015 11:05 AM
    Doesn't the "close all" button when you open the task switcher already kill apps in the background? If not, then what the heck is the point of it?
    04-24-2015 11:07 AM
    Doesn't the "close all" button when you open the task switcher already kill apps in the background? If not, then what the heck is the point of it?
    No,
    The "close all" button only closes apps you have opened recently, but there are many apps that still run even though you have not opened them but are installed on your phone

For example...Shazam (the music recognition app) always runs in the background, and will often auto start running in the background even after u closed it from "close all"
    04-24-2015 11:23 AM
    No,
    The "close all" button only closes apps you have opened recently, but there are many apps that still run even though you have not opened them but are installed on your phone

For example...Shazam (the music recognition app) always runs in the background, and will often auto start running in the background even after u closed it from "close all"
    Ahh ok. Good to know. Thanks! I just assumed it "closed all"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-24-2015 11:27 AM
    No,

Woa, I didn't know that. Uninstalling Shazam now. Thx!

04-24-2015 12:02 PM
93 123 ...