Galaxy S6 capicitative back button spamming

MajorSkyblue

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm new around here.

I got my S6 last Wednesday and twice since then my back button has gone out of control as if I am spam pressing it, I have put the phone down to make I am not accidentally pressing anything and it continues. I was just wondering is this is a somewhat common problem or if it would be a good idea to exchange it over for a new one.

Thanks for any assistance.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S6 haptic back button spamming

Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, but what do you mean by spam pressing? Is it just constantly registering a press even when you're not touching it? Any other phantom touches, either of the capacitative buttons or the touchscreen?

BASR

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site

Hey there, I'm new here too. I got my GS6 two weeks ago and I've been having the same issue the past couple days. It randomly hits the back button even when I'm not touching the phone. I've restarted multiple times and cleaned the screen and everything. It makes it really annoying to use when my apps keep closing out.

MajorSkyblue

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for your response!

I like that term you used, 'phantom presses', explains it very well, as I have haptic feedback on when it did these phantom presses I could feel it was doing it at a pretty fast speed, fast enough that I couldn't keep any apps open. And no it's only the back capicitative button that seems to be doing it.

Since posting this it has not happened again but it did happen twice within the first week I had the phone. I was just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem or if I should exchange it with a new one.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for your response!

I like that term you used, 'phantom presses', explains it very well, as I have haptic feedback on when it did these phantom presses I could feel it was doing it at a pretty fast speed, fast enough that I couldn't keep any apps open. And no it's only the back capicitative button that seems to be doing it.

Since posting this it has not happened again but it did happen twice within the first week I had the phone. I was just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem or if I should exchange it with a new one.

Exchange it!

Robi-K

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine yesterday. Having the same problem. Happened twice already.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jonnyboy712

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Okay, I've had my S6 since mid April. Just today I was listening to Spotify and I tapped the home button to go home. Ever since, my phone has been "phantom pressing" the home button. It constantly opens up up the camera and the quick google search. Also the lock screen button doesn't respond. Since I couldn't restart it due to the lock screen button not working, I let it run out of battery thinking that it would stop. When it turned off, I plugged in the charger and was able to use the lock screen button to turn it back on. As soon as I took it to the lock screen it brought up the camera again. Also occasionally the speakers will make weird noises. The only thing that I can get to work is answering calls. Please help.

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. No that is not common and I have not experienced this on my S6 or any previous Galaxy Sx phones. Although I sometimes accidentally press the "back" or "multitask" button when I'm cleaning that area, those buttons shouldn't activate on their own and certainly shouldn't "spam press" themselves.

i would take it back for an exchange if I were you. Good luck. Keep the group posted.

Shiba To

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi there!!

I got the same problem as you did but after two weeks of using. How is your phone now?? Did you exchange it? My s6 is from T-mobile but unlocked and rooted. Plus i'm not in the US either so my problem is kinda harder when I can't exchange it. If you have fixed the phone please tell me how or if the store took it back and told you it was really defective one(sad for me) :( Thanks in advance

Robert Bates1

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Mine is an international phone purchased without a carrier, so no warranty. The only way I have found to resolve it is to turn it off for 15 to 30 seconds. Just rebooting it didn't work for me.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine is an international phone purchased without a carrier, so no warranty. The only way I have found to resolve it is to turn it off for 15 to 30 seconds. Just rebooting it didn't work for me.

Try clearing the cache partition. If that doesn't work, factory reset.

Posted via the Android Central App

mr diy

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm having this issue that's driving me crazy.
Already execute factory reset and it didnt solve the issue.
As I bought it in USA and using it in Brazil, Samsumg said that I dont have any warranty and nothing can be done by them.
When I use it in US 2 weeks there were no Problem, its starts in the airport and getting worst since then ( 1 month ).
Did you find a solution or after stop never happens again?

tariq_ryklief

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
hi,

i have the same problem. first thought it was whats app but having this problem with any app that i try opening.
i had S6 for a few months and phone asked to do a software update that i put back for more than a month. now after the update and week later the phone is doing the phantom back button. there was another update available and did it last night but still same issue... :(

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Samsung carries a 1 year warranty on all their devices. You can contact them for repair.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Ive had 2 S6's (launch was replaced due to camera sensor problem). Both of my S6's have never experienced this, i'd suggest changing it if you're within the allotted timeframe.

webgeeze

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I have had this too but i wonder if a common theme with users is a screen protector? I had a new phone this morning which did the same as you all mention but after removing screen protector the issue cleared!

mattynipps

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I currently have the same issue with my S6. Bought only 3 months ago and started happening. No screen protector or case to interfere with the sensor of the back button. Phone is clean and damage free. Rebooted phone, powered off a number of times, turned WiFi off and back on again. Have cleared cache and factory reset the phone 2 times. Will work fine for days then will suddenly become affected. Phone is totally unusable! Have virus scanned the phone also, nothing found.

As I have only had the phone for 3 months I am taking it to a Samsung certified repair centre for a warranty repair.

David Hicklin1

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I have just had this happen to me for the last 3 days. I've downloaded a back button app off the playstore and now it's fine not done it all day now. the only thing it puts a small back button on your screen and 3 others not to noticeable but if it's driving you mad like it was me it's worth a try

yoavmatia

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
could be a coincidence, but this worked like magic to me:
(i am a new user so i cant post links ... but here it is)
1. enter YOUTUBE
2. find this video: "Samsung Galaxy S6 Touch Screen Sensitivity Fix"
This BUG was so annoying... and this guy from the video, saved the day!
i salute you

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers