Battery 100-90

Dennis Ou

May 14, 2014
Visit site
This is another battery post, but I don't think it's been addressed. Is it me or does the first 10% drop faster then it begins to stablize after the first 10

Posted via the Android Central App

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed this too. My phone hits 99% almost immediately after taking it off the charger. After 90%, it drains at a slower rate.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's the chargers we use. Mine is a slow charger that is plugged S6 all night, about 7 hours straight. I don't see the rapid drop to 90%, it is much slower and gradual. Right now I'd trade crappy battery life to get rid of my screen sensitivity issues :(

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I've had an android phone since 2009, and it has pretty much always dropped quickly from 100 to 90, and then evens out. HTC phones were the worst, they would fall to 80 before straightening itself out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Sat in a meeting for almost an hour and a half, it was still at 100%

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Dennis Ou

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Ok just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one. So there is no solution? It's just a thing?

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I believe it's the way all lithium ion batteries discharge, or at least for phones. The first 10% or so drops faster then it stabilizes after that.I can't find the website I read it off of, someone linked to it in another post on here, but I think it's for battery health.

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Lol absolute BS.

Not everyone is having battery issues. The battery not draining a percent in standby in "almost an hour and a half" isn't BS. Not probable, but not impossible, either.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

Attachments

• 276.jpg
    276.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 277.jpg
    277.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 142

Dennis Ou

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Also for the people with good battery life, what would be the ideal percentage drop if u aren't gaming and just Web browsing on Chrome or FB for example u drop 1% per 5 mins or something. I'm not asking because I have bad battery life just wondering how my battery life matches up

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Not at all, he is describing my battery performance on standby and more perfectly. Some of us got lucky with the battery life.

Wow!! What I wouldn't give for that! I'm back to roughly 5% per hour standby drain on WiFi now that the Cell standby bug has reappeared. The S6 sure does have potential which is what keeps me hopeful for a permanent fix one day!

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Also for the people with good battery life, what would be the ideal percentage drop if u aren't gaming and just Web browsing on Chrome or FB for example u drop 1% per 5 mins or something. I'm not asking because I have bad battery life just wondering how my battery life matches up

This isn't an exact tested number but I have been watching my battery while using my phone and it seams to drop 1% every 4 or 5 minutes . As far as stand by time I have never really looked into that with my phone yet.

This is with most things turned off though. I only turn things like GPS or Bluetooth on when I actually need them . Wifi off also. My phone does better than my s5 did and I have all the settings pretty much set exactly the same as I did on my s5

On verizon.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Wow!! What I wouldn't give for that! I'm back to roughly 5% per hour standby drain on WiFi now that the Cell standby bug has reappeared. The S6 sure does have potential which is what keeps me hopeful for a permanent fix one day!
I lose 5% overnite(7hrs)on standby. Being in a meeting for and hour and a half on standby i could certainly see staying to 100%. My S6 has been up for 9 hours and I'm down to 48%. This included loads of extra stuff today due to my screen insensitivity issue I was dealing with. Numerous Cache cleanings, rebootings and tons of web browsing looking for the cure. I'm very happy with that. A few of us are able to count ourselves lucky regarding battery usage/life. I'm on Verizon, not T-(batt issues)Mobile. So maybe makes some difference. Hope everyone gets it sorted.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I find standby time great overnight on WiFi but once I'm on LTE and outdoors, the standby drain is noticeably increased. I find Google Services becomes more of a battery hog and Facebook too. I'm still on my 2nd charge though so I have a lot of fine tuning left to do.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Sat in a meeting for almost an hour and a half, it was still at 100%

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Had that happen to me after I had the phone for a few days. I was so excited. It didn't last and never happened again.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Had that happen to me after I had the phone for a few days. I was so excited. It didn't last and never happened again.

Had mine two weeks yesterday. I was in a seminar today for three hours. At 99%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech