10-07-2018 11:58 PM
189 1234 ...
tools
    Yes. Currently without a case. No improvement.
    04-30-2015 10:15 AM
    Has anyone else tried laying the phone on a flat surface to see if it makes it worse? Most people don't actually use their phone that way so I'm thinking more people may have this issue and might not realize it.
    04-30-2015 10:22 AM
    Taking off the case and laying it flat has had no impact. Still iffy sensitivity in the lower left region of the screen that I touch the most.
    04-30-2015 11:20 AM
    After some more testing, the issue seems to come and go at random points throughout the day, I haven't really found a catalyst yet.

It's really obvious when using the phone's diagnostic tool "Touch" (type *#0*# into the dialer); when I lightly hold my finger down in, it works perfectly everywhere except for about 15% of the screen, focused in the lower left. Instead of it drawing a line, I get tons of little dots, the exact behavior I get in apps. However I'll try again later and it draws perfect lines.

I'm wondering if it's an app I have installed or something...
    04-30-2015 04:42 PM
    I reset mine back to factory 3 times trying to clear the issue. Nothing worked. Then I heard about a case issue and dang if that didn't work. Suffered thru 2 weeks of crap with it. It is so smooth now. I hope you get yours sorted out.
    04-30-2015 04:47 PM
    Going without a case is hardly a solution though. That's ridiculous. Besides, the issue persists with or without a case, especially when the device is laying flat. When I set the phone on a table I have to physically push the screen for it to register at all in most areas. I think I'm going to have to take it back in. Something is definitely wrong.
    04-30-2015 05:41 PM
    Has anyone else tried laying the phone on a flat surface to see if it makes it worse? Most people don't actually use their phone that way so I'm thinking more people may have this issue and might not realize it.
    I have the same issue as you Spender000. Oftentimes if I try to do anything while the phone is still on the desk, it will not respond. Sometimes it's better when I pick it up, other times it takes 5 or 6 touches to get any response. I am running Nova, but also ran TW for a couple of days had the same issue. I was wondering if it was my screen protector (Bodyguardz Screenguardz), but some people have said taking it off had no impact, so I think I will leave it on. It seems like I have especially low sensitivity when trying to drag the top drawer down. Super frustrating.
    04-30-2015 08:07 PM
    I would recommend leaving the screen protector on as I don't think removing it would help. I am not using one and I'm still having issues.

It is frustrating though. Hopefully it's just a software issue and can be resolved.
    04-30-2015 08:15 PM
    Going without a case is hardly a solution though. That's ridiculous. Besides, the issue persists with or without a case, especially when the device is laying flat. When I set the phone on a table I have to physically push the screen for it to register at all in most areas. I think I'm going to have to take it back in. Something is definitely wrong.
    I agree it is not a good solution. When I had the issue I would put it in safe mode and all was fine again even with my suspect case on. Then back to normal mode and it would immediately start messing up again. 3 factory resets no help either. I had to press anything on screen 3 to 5 times to get it to register my touch. Annoying as hell so I can relate. FWIW, Verizon wanted to send me a refurb since I was one day past my 14 day limit. Samsung wanted to keep it for 14 days. Then I read about removing the case might help. Lucky for me it fixed it perfectly. I thought great, WTF now tho, as I never go without a case. Its to slippery for one thing. I thought of tape or skinning it. Then I thought maybe it's not the whole case, maybe just the left side as the original poster had mentioned something about that. So I altered the case to remove the left side and dang, can't even tell I did it. Holds the phone fine, no worries and best of all it didn't revert back to crap. Rambling here, but id return it if none of these things have helped. My S6 worked fine flat on a table top as long as the case was off before, now it works fine no matter case or not. Hard to believe Samsung let this slip past them. In a hurry maybe?
    04-30-2015 09:19 PM
    Update: gave in and performed a factory reset. No real improvement. I'm going to leave things as stock as possible to see if it magically fixes itself, but I doubt it'll improve. I'm starting to accept this is likely a hardware issue (sigh)
    05-01-2015 11:47 PM
    Mine was doing the exact same thing but suddenly it seems to be working fine now. Very strange.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-02-2015 10:53 AM
    I just talked to Samsung customer service. Absolutely no help. She said they were aware of a screen rotation issue, but I was the first caller she had with a sensitivity issue. She said since a factory reset did not work she would recommend taking it to the Samsung tech center at any Best Buy so they can run diagnostics on it. She also said since I am outside of the 14 day exchange period, my only option to determine if it is a hardware issue is to send it in to the Samsung repair center who have would take approximately 2 weeks. I'm going to wait for the next patch and hope that resolves it..
    05-02-2015 11:08 AM
    I just talked to Samsung customer service. Absolutely no help. She said they were aware of a screen rotation issue, but I was the first caller she had with a sensitivity issue. She said since a factory reset did not work she would recommend taking it to the Samsung tech center at any Best Buy so they can run diagnostics on it. She also said since I am outside of the 14 day exchange period, my only option to determine if it is a hardware issue is to send it in to the Samsung repair center who have would take approximately 2 weeks. I'm going to wait for the next patch and hope that resolves it..
    When I called she said I was the first to report this issue also, so that's standard policy to deny problems . with this forum being such a small percentage of the millions of users of the S6 id be mighty surprised that they hadn't heard of it before. They also told me to send it off on a 2 week trip to them to check out. Thank god it was only the case for me, got lucky. Customized the case and I'm very pleased with the performance now. You may have to send yours in if all else fails.
    05-02-2015 01:35 PM
    Anyone have any update on this? Pretty sure it's not Nova... Seems like it has been worse for me in the morning or after my phone has been unused for a longer period of time
    05-07-2015 08:24 PM
    It's strange. After performing a factory reset and using stock Touchwiz (which is surprisingly quite good) for the past week or so, the problem seems to have disappeared randomly. I say randomly because immediately after the reset there was little to no change and the lack of sensitivity was still quite noticeable, even while using Touchwiz. It's been 3 days since I've noticed any sensitivity issues, so hopefully it's been resolved.

Basically, I can't say for sure if it was Nova or not. It seems unlikely. If you're desperate you might want to try a factory reset and start from scratch using the phone in as stock a state as possible. I really love Nova, but this newest version of Touchwiz is more than usable and I'm more than willing to live with any minor UI/Launcher grievances if it means this phone runs silky smooth as intended.
    05-08-2015 06:44 AM
    I had the same sensitivity issue for about the first 3 weeks of owning this phone. I was using nova launcher as well. works perfectly now. No more sensitivity issue. Probably just needs some time
    05-08-2015 07:43 AM
    God to hear they're working on an update though. I only notice it when typing. Doesn't register some key presses. Seems to be getting worse though

05-08-2015 04:07 PM
    Update: took mine to the Samsung Experience Center at Best Buy. No resolution, but big shout-out to CSR Stefanie who was really helpful. She noticed the issue as soon as I handed her the phone, and then tried a bunch of troubleshooting, to no avail. She tried the following, none of which worked:

1) Checked for the most recent update (I had it)
    2) Flashed the most recent update in case the update didn't install properly over the automatic wi-fi update
    3) Ran diagnostic on the screen input. Weird results because this showed every touch was being registered, but as soon as we went back to the homescreen the sensitivity issue was back.
    4) Removed the Bodyguardz glass screen protector and interacted with the phone's screen directly (no improvement, but she did a good job at putting it back on)
    5) Factory reset (after backing up via Samsung Smart Switch)

--- (EDIT) this was all after I had previously done a factory reset, cleared app cache, cleared system cache, booted in safe mode, ran Touch Wiz for several days, and tried it without the case for a couple hours.----

None of these fixed the problem, so her thought was that it is a hardware issue (either digitizer or mother board). In the end, basically, she wished me luck with AT&T. I'm going into AT&T, where I bought the phone, tomorrow prepared for battle. I'm sure they'll want to give me a refurb, but that is completely unacceptable since the phone isn't even a month old. Cross your fingers for me.
    05-08-2015 04:53 PM
    Hmm so some people say verizon said an update is imminent and now someone says hardware issue and I might just have to type slower

Playing the waiting game now

05-08-2015 05:54 PM
    The sensitivity issue is due to a memory leak. It will be fixed eventually..
    drone3 likes this.
    05-08-2015 06:37 PM
    Not sure about it being a memory leak issue. Seems like if that were the case the issue would be at least temporarily resolved by clearing system and app cache.
    05-08-2015 07:16 PM
    The sensitivity issue is due to a memory leak. It will be fixed eventually..
    It's hardware.

05-08-2015 07:36 PM
    It's hardware.

What makes you so sure it's hardware? Some people have had temporary success with cache clearing and temporary fixes as well by booting it in safe mode. If it was for sure hardware don't think those would've done anything.

drone3 likes this.
    05-09-2015 01:37 AM
    What makes you so sure it's hardware? Some people have had temporary success with cache clearing and temporary fixes as well by booting it in safe mode. If it was for sure hardware don't think those would've done anything.

Because people are reporting that it's always on the lower and upper left parts of the screen. That's not software.

05-09-2015 05:36 AM
    I don't know. I'm not convinced it's hardware. I had pretty severe issues in exactly the areas you described. It was especially bad when using the phone while it was laying on a table. After a factory reset and using stock Touchwiz for a while (about 48hrs) the issue magically disappeared. My phone has been flawlessly responsive for three days now. Hardware doesn't just fix itself. I'm more inclined to believe it's initial samsung firmware bugs combined with the initial build of lollipop being a pile of hot garbage.
    mlmcgahee likes this.
    05-09-2015 08:45 PM
189 1234 ...