10-07-2018 11:58 PM
189 ... 678
tools
    This worked for my S6 (UK based on ee). Top menu was very hard to activate, although earlier mentions of pressing and holding for a while did produce the dropdown menu, but shouldn't of needed it. Some apps needed several presses to work, and letters in bottom/left of on screen (samsung stock) keyboard were very insensitive.
    Anyhow, the code above worked just perfectly. Sensitivity back to normal so far. Thanks to all who suffered before me for finding it out :-)

I had also tried the animation in developer mode setting to x.5 but that didn't seem to make any difference
    The TSP firmware update really seems to be the silver bullet, but it doesn't appear to be possible for the Verizon version, at least via the code in the dialer app. There has to be a way to do something similar for the Verizon version -- has anyone tracked down an alternative? This suddenly surfaced for me last week and it's almost rendering the phone useless. Thanks in advance!
    02-29-2016 12:34 PM
    I am facing the same issue, been looking for solutions for a month now and everything mentioned will not work with the Verizon version, unfortunately I have no way of getting a replacement or swap for personal reasons but I have seen Samsung post news on the next update. Seems like it will be released in April (2016). As close as we are to April the problem is unbearable! Even restarting the phone and wiping cache doesn't do the trick. I should have done my research before buying the damn thing!
    03-03-2016 03:55 PM
    I am facing the same issue, been looking for solutions for a month now and everything mentioned will not work with the Verizon version, unfortunately I have no way of getting a replacement or swap for personal reasons but I have seen Samsung post news on the next update. Seems like it will be released in April (2016). As close as we are to April the problem is unbearable! Even restarting the phone and wiping cache doesn't do the trick. I should have done my research before buying the damn thing!
    If it's under warranty I think you need to send it in, regardless of reasons. It seems to be a hardware issue, atleast for me it was.
    03-03-2016 03:59 PM
    I guess it wont hurt to try - funny thing is that I have no 3rd party apps installed, other than whatsapp and viber and the problem occurs most often when I am at 50% battery (or less) and outside in the cold weather. Then there are days where I would get hours of greatness, works perfectly than bam back to sluggish/unresponsive screen....ughhhhhh!
    03-03-2016 04:11 PM
    Thank you for the post. This has made a hugh difference in the screen response. Wish I had checked before I did the factory reset.
    03-08-2016 10:13 PM
    Thank you SO MUCH to the people who shared the *#2663# fix! My Galaxy S6 is working perfectly now and responds to touches even when it's lying on the table now, which it DIDN'T at all before! I was about to send my phone to samsung. Again, thank you so much!
    03-11-2016 04:11 PM
    Mine is fine before and after installing my Defender which a built-in screen protector. Sensitivity not affected. When did you notice it ? warranty issue?
    03-31-2016 09:09 PM
    you need to include the "asterisk" *#2663# - it's not a call out number - it brings you to a technical screen to update the firmware...

USE *#2663#
    Thanks. This really helps. It resolved my problem.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6
    04-04-2016 12:28 AM
    Thanks for the firmware update suggestion. I've just tried it and the change is immediate! I'm on ee in the UK. Sensitivity issues started intermittantly a couple or days ago, and the phone is only three weeks old. Really pleased.
    04-25-2016 04:37 AM
    Hi... I joined out of desperation!

I stumbled on this wonderful site via google. I just happen to be a tapatalk user so joining was effortless.

That said... Will this *#2...fix work with an LG Stylo?

Michael
    10-09-2016 03:47 PM
    I'very been having a terrible time with my S7 insensitive keypad. It's so bad I've been considering paying for a different phone. Text is almost unusable. Had a Note 7 and keypad was great. Right now I'm pretty pissed at Samsung.
    MrZuLu likes this.
    10-19-2016 09:55 AM
    Taking some times 3 or more presses to open anything, this on the bare screen, no protector or case. I've uninstalled Nova for the time being and am back with TW to see if it makes any difference. Seems better so far but then I notice it a bit sometimes although still better. I'm not looking forward to doing an exchange as my battery life is excellent no issues with that. My 14 days is up soon tho. I'm kind of surprised only one other person said they were having this when I commented about it in the "issues" thread.
    06-12-2017 12:52 AM
    I just got mine today and either I am not used to it yet with the defender case And screen protector.
    06-12-2017 12:56 AM
    I just got mine today and either I am not used to it yet with the defender case And screen protector.
    [B]Is it possible for the galaxy s6 to freeze while updating the TSP FW?[/B]
    My phone is messing out a little bit while i play any type of game on it.
    And can any one guide me regarding "why updating TSP firmware is important?"
    Sorry for my bad english.
    10-07-2018 11:58 PM
189 ... 678