Screen sensitivity issues anyone?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Love this phone but lately I have been having screen sensitivity issues. It came and went at first so it was hard to put my finger on anything as to a cause. I unloaded stuff and tweaked settings and seemed to get some better results but it would fool me and then creep back in. Played with the dev animation settings every which way, seemed to help temporarily, but to no avail. Now it is more like 80% of the time with the issue. I'll probably do a hard reset today to clear it out back to stock and force myself;) to use TW for a few days to see if it helps to not run Nova which I really prefer. Then if all is ok I'll load stuff back one by one. It's kind of frustrating coming from a 6+ iPhone that was smooth as silk. Scrolling issues, jerkiness and now screen presses that don't always work the first second or third time. I don't want to return this for anything else., looked at the M9 when I picked this up and liked it better except for the crappy camera I'd have gotten it. I'd like to hang in for an update and see if that helps. Anyone else experiencing screen insensitivity?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Love this phone but lately I have been having screen sensitivity issues. It came and went at first so it was hard to put my finger on anything as to a cause. I unloaded stuff and tweaked settings and seemed to get some better results but it would fool me and then creep back in. Played with the dev animation settings every which way, seemed to help temporarily, but to no avail. Now it is more like 80% of the time with the issue. I'll probably do a hard reset today to clear it out back to stock and force myself;) to use TW for a few days to see if it helps to not run Nova which I really prefer. Then if all is ok I'll load stuff back one by one. It's kind of frustrating coming from a 6+ iPhone that was smooth as silk. Scrolling issues, jerkiness and now screen presses that don't always work the first second or third time. I don't want to return this for anything else., looked at the M9 when I picked this up and liked it better except for the crappy camera I'd have gotten it. I'd like to hang in for an update and see if that helps. Anyone else experiencing screen insensitivity?

Mine is fine before and after installing my Defender which a built-in screen protector. Sensitivity not affected. When did you notice it ? warranty issue?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Mine is fine before and after installing my Defender which a built-in screen protector. Sensitivity not affected. When did you notice it ? warranty issue?
Taking some times 3 or more presses to open anything, this on the bare screen, no protector or case. I've uninstalled Nova for the time being and am back with TW to see if it makes any difference. Seems better so far but then I notice it a bit sometimes although still better. I'm not looking forward to doing an exchange as my battery life is excellent no issues with that. My 14 days is up soon tho. I'm kind of surprised only one other person said they were having this when I commented about it in the "issues" thread.

bigron3180

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing this same exact issue! It seems like the screen isn't sensitive enough. For example sometimes when I scroll through home screens, type a message, or try to press an app, it doesnt always register. I'm also using nova with no screen protector. I set the animation scale to .5

Let me know if you find a solution!

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing this same exact issue! It seems like the screen isn't sensitive enough. For example sometimes when I scroll through home screens, type a message, or try to press an app, it doesnt always register. I'm also using nova with no screen protector. I set the animation scale to .5

As mentioned above so far all I've tried is uninstalling Nova. I can't say I really notice a big difference. Starting to **** me off.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Did you check interaction control? It's under accessibility in the settings. Otherwise, sounds like a call to tech support and a return and exchange. Did you try a device reset?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Seems to be getting better fingers crossed. Nova may have been the culprit.
After uninstalling everything associated with Nova and doing a couple of cache cleanings it seems to be settling down. Not perfect but if it doesn't turn the other way I can live with it. Got the weekend to decide as my 14 days is up Monday.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Seems to be getting better fingers crossed. Nova may have been the culprit.
After uninstalling everything associated with Nova and doing a couple of cache cleanings it seems to be settling down. Not perfect but if it doesn't turn the other way I can live with it. Got the weekend to decide as my 14 days is up Monday.

Glad you fixed it! No screen issues for me.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Are you running a task manager or app cleaner?
No unless Nova had something like that I'm not aware of. I'm back on the stock TW and everything so far(finally) is smooth as silk. Ran Nova previously on several devices and never noticed any issue so clueless as to why, but I'm planning on keeping the "F" away from it.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, still there, but I think I'm getting used to it ;)
Went to Verizon today to see what they thought, this after I performed a hard reset first. The HR did not help at all. Verizon acknowledged that the S6's had some various issues but also said an update was imminent. Not sure their definition of imminent. Either way we put it in "safe mode" and the issue was gone. (Certainly makes it seem software related)then put it back to normal and still gone however coming back later. I was hesitant to swap it because I just didn't want to get something worse like battery crap. This is doable till the imminent up date gets here I think. Funny, while I was there the M9 I considered getting at one time sounded worse playing the same song thru it's speakers than my S6 sounds.

greatprince99

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
i had a similar problem with my phone. But it seemed like the center of the screen was affected mainly. I ended up exchanging the phone and the new one is fine now.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
From what Verizon told me they have heard of this issue and a fix is in an upcoming update along with some other fixes and adjustments. It's weird on my S6 as of tonight it has returned to normal by maybe90%. Hoping it's better even more tomorrow. Could be the tweaking we did earlier today actually has worked. Loving my S6.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

Yes, I have the same problem, I'm also running nova

dreaming of electric sheep

evrtlee

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I've have the same problem, thought it was my tempered glass screen protector so I removed it, no luck....and using TW. My 14 days is up on the 30th. Frustrating.

Posted via the Android Central App

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Mine is off and on and better then worse. So I think I'm going to hang with it and look toward the update that is surely coming. My battery is so fine and so many have battery issues that I'd hate to trade one issue for a worse one. Sad it is this way, but does get frustrating. I may call Samsung tomorrow and if they don't keep me on hold forever ask them about the timing for an update fix. This phone has far to many various issues for them to not be working on it. For certain this will determine whether I ever come back to Samsung as this is my first experience with them. Also FWIW, I learned that the 14 day return policy on online purchases begins counting when the order is placed apparently. Which puts me beyond the 14. Be doubtful I'd ever order online again.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I've have the same problem, thought it was my tempered glass screen protector so I removed it, no luck....and using TW. My 14 days is up on the 30th. Frustrating.

Try running it in "safe mode" helped mine for awhile. With phone off hold both power and volume down. When the white samsung S6 screen comes up release power button and continue holding volume down until you see "safe mode" on the lower left side of the screen. When I do this and leave it awhile it seems to help. Also it gives you an idea of what your screen should be acting like. You can just google safe mode for samsung if you have any questions. Or, not if you are familiar already.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have the same problem, I'm also running nova

dreaming of electric sheep
FWIW, my experience has determined it is not related to any particular launcher, nova or otherwise. I just did the safe mode trick again and man is it sweet to have normal sensitivity back. After 5 min I went back to normal and it still holds. Such a sweet device it just pains me to see this issue, try safe mode see how it is.

evrtlee

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Try running it in "safe mode" helped mine for awhile. With phone off hold both power and volume down. When the white samsung S6 screen comes up release power button and continue holding volume down until you see "safe mode" on the lower left side of the screen. When I do this and leave it awhile it seems to help. Also it gives you an idea of what your screen should be acting like. You can just google safe mode for samsung if you have any questions. Or, not if you are familiar already.

I tried the safe mode trick and it works like a charm while in safe mode. So far so good after reverting. Shouldn't have to do this with a week old phone though. Thanks for the help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown