We all know some of the cool things with Android is the ability to customize. Sometimes getting a new widget is refreshing and brings back the love of your device. My question to you guys...what are some of your favorite widgets? Screenshots?
    04-24-2015 12:17 PM
    Pretty simple here. One widget screen to the right of my home screen. Calendar, Google Play Music, Pocketcasts and S Health.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-24-2015 12:43 PM
    Oops. Forgot the screenshot.

Attached Thumbnails What's your favorite widget?-905.jpg  
    04-24-2015 12:44 PM
    We all know some of the cool things with Android is the ability to customize. Sometimes getting a new widget is refreshing and brings back the love of your device. My question to you guys...what are some of your favorite widgets? Screenshots?
    Can't post the screenshots now but I like the widget for Google Calendar also and Google Keep is nice to have at a glance. Looking into using some of the Zooper Widgets now.
    04-24-2015 01:56 PM
    Can't post the screenshots now but I like the widget for Google Calendar also and Google Keep is nice to have at a glance. Looking into using some of the Zooper Widgets now.
    Never heard of Google Keep. What's that? Funny you mentioned Zooper Widgets. I was just looking at that. Was looking at all these skins for it...like ColorS.
    04-24-2015 02:03 PM
    Never heard of Google Keep. What's that? Funny you mentioned Zooper Widgets. I was just looking at that. Was looking at all these skins for it...like ColorS.
    Yes added a few to my wishlist yesterday so I'll probably mess around with Zooper over the weekend. Google Keep is a memo app on steroids that syncs across devices. Check it out if you use plenty of to-do lists, sticky notes, shopping list, etc:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.android.keep
    6thSense likes this.
    04-24-2015 02:09 PM
    Calander Widget by +1 Labs

Similar to the google calander widget, but much more customizable

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...elabs.calendar

Attached Thumbnails What's your favorite widget?-3787.jpg  
    6thSense and deeb215 like this.
    04-24-2015 02:10 PM
    I have two favorite widgets, both on my main home screen at the top. The very top is a custom widget via UCCW, and the lower one is a "simple calendar" widget that I customized to show my daily agenda.

The top widget has hot spots for me to pull up my alarm (by tapping the time area) and my weather app (by tapping the temperature). The calendar app is scroll-able, highlights TODAY'S events ... and if you tap the calendar it opens the calendar app on the phone.

I couldn't get along w/out either of these on my home screen.

6thSense and jcp007 like this.
    04-24-2015 02:30 PM
    I have two favorite widgets, both on my main home screen at the top. The very top is a custom widget via UCCW, and the lower one is a "simple calendar" widget that I customized to show my daily agenda.

The top widget has hot spots for me to pull up my alarm (by tapping the time area) and my weather app (by tapping the temperature). The calendar app is scroll-able, highlights TODAY'S events ... and if you tap the calendar it opens the calendar app on the phone.

I couldn't get along w/out either of these on my home screen.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/...4-14-15-08.png
    I LOVE the font on the date. Also like how it highlights the day of the week. Very clean look to it.
    04-24-2015 02:35 PM
    Stock a Weather widget with time date location and weather. Looks like third party launchers the source for the great looking widgets?
    04-24-2015 02:47 PM
    Stock a Weather widget with time date location and weather. Looks like third party launchers the source for the great looking widgets?
    If I understand what you're asking, then no, you don't need a third-party launcher to use the widgets I'm using. They are third party widgets though ... not stock with the phone.

UCCW is a custom widget app that has some pre-loaded widgets, and the ability to make your own. I even made my own weather icons for that widget. It also allows hot-spots to launch other apps - which is how I tied my alarm clock and weather app to the widget.

The calendar is "simple calendar" widget, in the play store. Out of the box, the widget is pretty ugly ... but with some careful customization of the settings, you can make it look quite a few different ways. And the fact that it too is able to interact with your calendar, and scroll ... it's perfect. I can quickly see what i have on my agenda, scroll through my calendar, and then jump into my actual calendar app if I need to make another appointment or whatever.

the ONLY thing I dont like is that the weather on the top widget is pulled from some pre-set weather provider, and it's never quite right. It's close enough, but never perfect. Also, note that the current temp is not within the high-low range shown immediately to the right of it. That makes no sense!!! LMAO. But I can live with it. Whether it's 75F or 78F, I'm not gonna care. I just like to see generally where the temp is, and that's good enough for me.
    04-24-2015 02:57 PM
    If I understand what you're asking, then no, you don't need a third-party launcher to use the widgets I'm using. They are third party widgets though ... not stock with the phone.

UCCW is a custom widget app that has some pre-loaded widgets, and the ability to make your own. I even made my own weather icons for that widget. It also allows hot-spots to launch other apps - which is how I tied my alarm clock and weather app to the widget.

The calendar is "simple calendar" widget, in the play store. Out of the box, the widget is pretty ugly ... but with some careful customization of the settings, you can make it look quite a few different ways. And the fact that it too is able to interact with your calendar, and scroll ... it's perfect. I can quickly see what i have on my agenda, scroll through my calendar, and then jump into my actual calendar app if I need to make another appointment or whatever.

the ONLY thing I dont like is that the weather on the top widget is pulled from some pre-set weather provider, and it's never quite right. It's close enough, but never perfect. Also, note that the current temp is not within the high-low range shown immediately to the right of it. That makes no sense!!! LMAO. But I can live with it. Whether it's 75F or 78F, I'm not gonna care. I just like to see generally where the temp is, and that's good enough for me.
    Didn't think about widget apps. Have to give it a try.
    04-24-2015 06:54 PM
    Zooper Widget is really good for customizing your own clock, weather, calendar, and any other info widget
    I dont have any screenshots now but look them up and you will see wonders
    04-24-2015 07:03 PM