For some reason when I choose the phone app I get a message that says "Unfortunately, contacts as stopped" and I can't even make a phone call. I read the posts and cleared the contacts cache to no avail. I have no new apps installed that affect contacts....is this a bug?
    04-24-2015 02:48 PM
    Try Settings, Storage, Cached Data, and clear the cache. Power Off and Restart the phone.

Get back to us if no go.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-24-2015 05:26 PM
    I just bought my Galaxy S6 from Verizon on April 24th. Since then I have been struggling to fix the error "Unfortunately contacts has been stopped" when I try to open the phone icon to make a phone call. I tried many of the solutions suggested online and I even chatted with a Samsung technician online to get help. He remotely accessed to my phone and couldn't fix it either (deleted cache from phone apps, and contacts..etc..). In the end I realized that when I bought the phone from Verizon I had also signed up for the "Premium Visual Voice Mail" service to read my voicemails from my phone. It turned out that my problem was this new voicemail feature. As soon as I deleted that service from my Verizon account my problem was solved (within 3 minutes). I think this is something that Verizon should look into and I am pretty sure it is the problem for many of you who have this voicemail feature. I hope this will help someone.
    04-28-2015 09:27 PM
    hi i tired this and it worked but now all it keeps saying on my main screen is... Phone storage has been stopped. please free space and try again how do i get this to stop coming up on my phone????
    07-22-2015 01:41 PM