Any way to shut off notifications from Verizon pre-installed Accu-Weather?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if others are affected by this but Verizon seems to have pre-installed Accu-Weather as my phone's weather source for weather alerts and such. Whenever there's a weather alert I get a scroll across the top of the screen letting me know. I can't find "Accu-Weather" anywhere in the app manager to force close this annoying thing and there seems to be no way to disable this.

Can anyone let me know if they are experiencing the same thing and, if so, have they found a way to shut off these annoying notifications?

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I believe the app is simply called 'weather' and works in conjunction with the touch wiz home widget and lock screen widget. The next time you get the notification, long press on it and hit the info button. Should let you block notifications for that app

Sent from my Nexus 10

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I believe the app is simply called 'weather' and works in conjunction with the touch wiz home widget and lock screen widget. The next time you get the notification, long press on it and hit the info button. Should let you block notifications for that app

Sent from my Nexus 10

Yup. Found it in applications>all and disabled it. Good riddance.
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech