So ever since I got this phone I've been having issues not receiving MMS messages such as pics and videos. Anyone else having this problem and any ideas sound it?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-24-2015 10:54 PM
    Couple checklist items:

1) Do you have mobile data? MMS do not work over WiFi (unless you're using a Google Voice number or have WiFi calling enabled)
    2) If you switch to the stock messaging app, do you get the MMS? Maybe your phone wasn't configured properly for MMS. A simple call to your carrier should help you fix it (or if you're feeling adventurous, you can look them up online for your specific carrier).

When you 'don't' get the messages, do you get a 'placeholder' for them saying you need to download them or you just don't get them at all?
    04-24-2015 11:48 PM
    Couple checklist items:

1) Do you have mobile data? MMS do not work over WiFi (unless you're using a Google Voice number or have WiFi calling enabled)
    2) If you switch to the stock messaging app, do you get the MMS? Maybe your phone wasn't configured properly for MMS. A simple call to your carrier should help you fix it (or if you're feeling adventurous, you can look them up online for your specific carrier).

When you 'don't' get the messages, do you get a 'placeholder' for them saying you need to download them or you just don't get them at all?
    Thank you. Yes I get a place holder telling me to download, but the download never works. When I switched from Hangouts to the stock Samsung messaging app now I'm being MMS's, but I never had this problem with hangouts I my Note 3.

04-25-2015 12:40 AM
    That's odd... that happens to me but only when I'm traveling (apparently 2G connections are too slow for MMS? I don't know). But I've never tried switching back to the stock messaging app.

I would try clearing Hangout's cache, making the stock app the default one, reboot, and then switch back to hangouts. See if that helps. Also check your settings to auto-download MMS.
    04-25-2015 07:25 PM
    That's odd... that happens to me but only when I'm traveling (apparently 2G connections are too slow for MMS? I don't know). But I've never tried switching back to the stock messaging app.

I would try clearing Hangout's cache, making the stock app the default one, reboot, and then switch back to hangouts. See if that helps. Also check your settings to auto-download MMS.
    Will do, thx Spook!

04-26-2015 01:17 AM
    Don't forget to let us know if it worked or not... If it does, it might help others who face the same issue
    04-26-2015 09:22 PM
    I have no issues with MMS and hangouts, just tested and works fine.

04-26-2015 09:36 PM
    I don't have issues either, that's why it's weird. Like I said, the only time I've had trouble is when traveling and data switches to 2G. But I just thought it was the network, never thought of switching to stock messaging and seeing if that works.
    04-26-2015 10:39 PM
    Don't forget to let us know if it worked or not... If it does, it might help others who face the same issue
    Well what I've done is been using the Samsung stock text app, works fine but seems slow.

So I tried Google messenger, but it's so terrible looking I just removed that instantly. Now I'm trying Textra, so far so good. It's fast, mms seems to be working and has pop up notification. The only downside for me so far is it looks ugly for some reason.

I'd love the Samsung one if it offered more customization and was faster.

Thx for all the advice guys, I'm still testing.

04-26-2015 10:56 PM