Shutter sound

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a Sprint Galaxy s6. I want to turn off the shutter sound but there is no option in the camera settings to turn it off. As soon as my kids hear that sound they immediately stop whatever they are doing.

Posted via the Android Central App

Petnoone

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I think the camera sound is required by law so people know you are taking a picture of them without their consent

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon version allows you to shut off the shutter sound. You can try to Google "enforced stream silencer".

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

ZephyrsDream

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
The Verizon version allows you to shut off the shutter sound. You can try to Google "enforced stream silencer".

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Thank you so much for this. I really didn't like that Sprint disabled this feature on their phones. Works perfectly. I actually didn't know there was a way to do this without rooting.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I think the camera sound is required by law so people know you are taking a picture of them without their consent

No one needs to give consent to have their picture taken in the United States. If you are in a public place you are fair game.

leebut

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Depends. If the people happen to be in shot, permission is not required, but purposely taking a picture of someone in public may breach privacy law. For example, someone involved an accident, and you point your phone at them to intentionally take a photo of them.