Long time reader, occasional poster. I've been using a Nexus 5 since it came out, and other than some battery life issues (which have improved since 5.1), I've been very happy with it. That being said, the S6 caught my eye most recently and I've been considering upgrading, but I'm a bit reluctant to let go of stock 5.1. I did have an S4 for a brief period as well, but ended up switching to the Nexus 5. That being said, there's a few things I really do enjoy about the S6: Camera, Multitasking, finger print sensor, and the fact that Touchwiz seems to be dialed down quite a bit. The camera and the fingerprint sensor might be enough for me, but at the same time, waiting to see what LG brings to the table with the G4 and maybe even waiting to see what the next Nexus device has might be worth it as well. Just wondering if anyone here has upgraded from a Nexus 5 and would like to share their thoughts?
    04-25-2015 10:20 AM
    I shifted from a Nexus 5 to a S6.. Heres my 2 cents on it.
    - Battery:: Better then the N5, but not by a whole lot. Rapid charging is awesome. Quick 20-30 mins gets gets you through a heavy use day.

-Camera:: Phenomenal! The s6 blows the N5 here in every aspect, every single shot under every circumstance.

-Touchwiz. Its toned down but man its awful! I was about to sell my S6 after a few hrs of fiddling around with it just because i could not deal with it. Stock lollipop is beautiful. After using it for a longish time i do miss it on this phone. (GPE samsung?,we can dream right? ;0 ). I did install google now launcher but its no good. Its like applying a lipstick to a pig. I cant stand what samsung has done to the notification drawer

If you can excuse the touch wiz part of this phone, in ever aspect this is a beautiful device. Im giving myself some more time with this phone just so that i can get used to the interface and also i hope i get a nice AOSP ROM for this device somewhere in the near future. With poor documentation of the Exynos processor that theory of mine may be a dream. Finger print scanners works well. IR blaster is handy at times. SO overall id say its not a no brainer this device but do keep in mind the above points i made. Hope that helps you in your decision
    04-26-2015 04:35 AM
    Had a Nexus 5 before i drowned it in a waterfall while on vacation....Above I agree with most of what was said except:
    - I was getting 2-2.5 on screen hours with N5, now I'm getting 4-4.5 on S6...much better. But still charge daily, but I'm definitely using the device more than I used my N5 and the device is better at in use with battery (drains slowly while in use). It's not exceptional by any means but much much better than N5 for me.

- sure stock android is nice there's no doubt, overly simplistic and quick. Touch wiz was a nightmare for me on the S3 and was convinced I'd use Google now launcher. But you know what, touch wiz isn't bad and with the avaliable themes it's very cool. Samsung has tons of features and settings not avaliable on vanilla android which are nice. So for me, touch wiz was expected to be a negative but turned out to be a positive. However you can always change the launcher if needed.

To add:
    - the screen is much much much better
    - the use of size and less bezel is nicer, thinner (except for that damn camera hump on back). The all glass design looks amazing, offers some very cool lighting effects.
    - led is better (but I guess even on N5 can be adjusted with apps).
    - as mentioned camera is stellar, I have never see a phone produce such amazing pictures in auto mode (this includes my previous lumia 1020, sure in pro manual it's better but I'm not a photographer).
    - fingerprint scanner is amazing, one main thing I missed from iPhone. Works just as good.

Overall I have zero regret , personally it's leaps and bounds beyond N5 for me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    jcp007 likes this.
    04-26-2015 04:57 AM