Man, I really like the looks and feel of the new TW. It actually feels more optimized and faster than Nova somehow. Apps and even Chrome seem to open and close and move smoother and faster and more polished than on Nova (which makes no sense)

The parallax effect of the home screen with the shadows under the app icons and the almost 3D look/feel is gorgeous. It feels great, it looks great, but still fails on customization.

There are only a few small things I want to change and it's so frustrating Samsung won't allow it. I'll list them below, perhaps someone here found a way to change them that I haven't.

1. Change icons
    2. Change screen transition type/effect
    3. Move app drawer icon from the far right side of dock to anywhere else, I prefer middle
    4. Remove that huge wasted space between the dock and rest of the icons
    5. No alarm on the stock clock? Am I missing it in settings somewhere?

I'm sure I'll find something else.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Hugh Kepler likes this.
    04-25-2015 11:11 AM
    I like the app drawer icon in the middle too. It's a small thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    04-25-2015 11:20 AM
    Man, I really like the looks and feel of the new TW. It actually feels more optimized and faster than Nova somehow. Apps and even Chrome seem to open and close and move smoother and faster and more polished than on Nova (which makes no sense)

The parallax effect of the home screen with the shadows under the app icons and the almost 3D look/feel is gorgeous. It feels great, it looks great, but still fails on customization.

There are only a few small things I want to change and it's so frustrating Samsung won't allow it. I'll list them below, perhaps someone here found a way to change them that I haven't.

1. Change icons
    3. Move app drawer icon from the far right side of dock to anywhere else, I prefer middle

I agree on all but the last item, only because I haven't had time to get there to look at it.

More refinement of the unifying and streamlining if the UI and continue to optimization of the UI with the Android OS as well as the hardware itself. While the changes that appear in the GS6 could have gone farther, Samsung did a great job of tying most things together in such a short time while maintaining enough of the underlying structure to move some of us who haven't upgraded to every new device iteration.
    04-25-2015 11:20 AM

1. Change icons

Maybe your carrier has disabled the alarm as my stock clock had an alarm function.

04-25-2015 11:47 AM

I like the ability to move it around.
    04-25-2015 11:49 AM
    Maybe your carrier has disabled the alarm as my stock clock had an alarm function.

LOL that would be a really odd thing for a carrier to care about wouldn't it? Btw, I'm on Att.

04-25-2015 11:50 AM
    LOL that would be a really odd thing for a carrier to care about wouldn't it? Btw, I'm on Att.

OK google, set alarm for...........done.

04-25-2015 11:59 AM

1. Change icons

1. Can download apps in the play store that can change the icons to whatever you want without root.

2. Everyone wanted a slimmer TW and that one i guess had to go.

3. I agree.

4. Not sure. ....lemme look. ...if not i agree.

Edit:

4. There should be an app by Samsung in the app drawer called "clock". Use that to set alarms. Or use OK Google like droid guy above mentioned.

Everyone wanted a slimmer TW because of the spittin' and sputterin' that accrued when using it. Most blamed it on the bloat and that it had to go, So they removed them top make it a smoother experience.

04-25-2015 12:00 PM
    OK google, set alarm for...........done.

Yeah I guess I could do that.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-25-2015 12:27 PM
    1. Can download apps in the play store that can change the icons to whatever you want without root.

2. Everyone wanted a slimmer TW and that one i guess had to go.

3. I agree.

4. Not sure. ....lemme look. ...if not i agree.

Edit:

4. There should be an app by Samsung in the app drawer called "clock". Use that to set alarms. Or use OK Google like droid guy above mentioned.

Everyone wanted a slimmer TW because of the spittin' and sputterin' that accrued when using it. Most blamed it on the bloat and that it had to go, So they removed them top make it a smoother experience.

I already downloaded icon packs and they work fine with Nova, but not with TW, unless I'm going it wrong. Care to school me on how to use icon packs with TW please?

04-25-2015 12:30 PM
    I already downloaded icon packs and they work fine with Nova, but not with TW, unless I'm going it wrong. Care to school me on how to use icon packs with TW please?

Use an app called Awsome Icons in the play store. This enables you to use any icon pack in the play store without a different launcher or root.

When installing icon packs, some of them require a reboot of the phone to make them show up in awesome icons. They don't tell you that before hand and your wondering where the hell they went!

04-25-2015 01:13 PM
    Use an app called Awsome Icons in the play store. This enables you to use any icon pack in the play store without a different launcher or root.

When installing icon packs, some of them require a reboot of the phone to make them show up in awesome icons. They don't tell you that before hand and your wondering where the hell they went!

Thx Gator! Going to check that out.

04-25-2015 01:49 PM
    Thx Gator! Going to check that out.

Welcome! Let me know how it works for you.

04-25-2015 02:06 PM

Mine is on the right bottom and I can't move it (hold down)...I see people have it in the middle...how do you move it's spot?

04-25-2015 02:29 PM
    Welcome! Let me know how it works for you.

Ok it's not going to work. It forces you to change each icon individually and doesn't even recognize all the packs I have installed. I'm bummed, it looked like it was going to work, but it's not a good solution.

Good idea though, thank you again.

04-25-2015 02:29 PM
    Mine is on the right bottom and I can't move it (hold down)...I see people have it in the middle...how do you move it's spot?

Have to use a different launcher.

chezm likes this.
    04-25-2015 03:34 PM
    Ok it's not going to work. It forces you to change each icon individually and doesn't even recognize all the packs I have installed. I'm bummed, it looked like it was going to work, but it's not a good solution.

Good idea though, thank you again.

Sorry man. Yeah, you have to do each icon separately but once it's set up, you don't have to do it again. As far as compatibilty, i had 8 or 9 different icon packs that worked great. Did you reboot?

04-25-2015 03:37 PM
    At least this time we had the option to down bloat or disable it. I vote for more choice versus just disabling the app.

On AT&T, the Alarm icon is the first one. How god the alarm is another story as I don't make it a habit using my phone as an alarm clock. My wife's GS4 phone was recently updated to Lollipop and she uses the alarm clock every day.
    04-25-2015 04:16 PM
    Sorry man. Yeah, you have to do each icon separately but once it's set up, you don't have to do it again. As far as compatibilty, i had 8 or 9 different icon packs that worked great. Did you reboot?

I found an icon pack that's working, but now my problem is they are round so TWs square folders look out of place lol. I just can't win with TW I guess.

04-25-2015 04:26 PM
    Coming from stock android, touch wiz is amazing as it adds so many additional features and customizations not avaliable on my previous nexus 5. With that said I am loving TW, thought I was gonna hate it and expected to use Google now but I prefer it.

04-25-2015 06:25 PM
    Have to use a different launcher.

Ugh OK thanks

04-25-2015 06:25 PM
    Coming from stock android, touch wiz is amazing as it adds so many additional features and customizations not avaliable on my previous nexus 5. With that said I am loving TW, thought I was gonna hate it and expected to use Google now but I prefer it.

Yeah I have and normally use Nova, but I'm giving TW a real try for the next couple days. For the most part I really like it, with some minor aggravation.

04-25-2015 07:14 PM
    Yeah I have and normally use Nova, but I'm giving TW a real try for the next couple days. For the most part I really like it, with some minor aggravation.

I used to be a launcher kind of guy. Not any more.

04-26-2015 10:36 AM
    I used to be a launcher kind of guy. Not any more.

Well I'm surprised I'm saying this, but the wallpapers look better on TW to my eyes (parallax/3D effect rocks!).

A negative I'm seeing on TW though is that the icons/folders size are not customizable that I can tell and seem a little too small to me. That's something easily fixed on a launcher.

04-26-2015 12:10 PM
    Well I'm surprised I'm saying this, but the wallpapers look better on TW to my eyes (parallax/3D effect rocks!).

A negative I'm seeing on TW though is that the icons/folders size are not customizable that I can tell and seem a little too small to me. That's something easily fixed on a launcher.

Or Change the grid layout and declutter by getting rid of app that you don't use. Have tons of apps but haven't had to resort to folders.
    04-26-2015 12:55 PM