Just got the Galaxy S6 today.
    First off I had to get the data from my iPhone over to my S6.
    Samsungs Smart Switch was awesome and took care of my biggest worry, my sms/imessages.
    1. I was able to transfer all the SMS's from my iPhone (including imessages) over to the new phone. No loss of messages which surprised me, even the images I sent are still there (from iMessage or SMS). Kudos to Samsung.
    2. All music, pictures/videos were transferred over with no issues.
    3. Apps are automatically added if Android versions are available.

I also have my iPhone 6 and will use them both in conjunction for now.
    Ask away.
    04-25-2015 05:22 PM
    Just got the Galaxy S6 today.
    First off I had to get the data from my iPhone over to my S6.
    Samsungs Smart Switch was awesome and took care of my biggest worry, my sms/imessages.
    1. I was able to transfer all the SMS's from my iPhone (including imessages) over to the new phone. No loss of messages which surprised me, even the images I sent are still there (from iMessage or SMS). Kudos to Samsung.
    2. All music, pictures/videos were transferred over with no issues.
    3. Apps are automatically added if Android versions are available.

I also have my iPhone 6 and will use them both in conjunction for now.
    Ask away.
    How are you liking it so far? What are the biggest surprises? What carrier? What color? What storage model?
    04-25-2015 05:36 PM
    How are you liking it so far? What are the biggest surprises? What carrier? What color? What storage model?
    White 32gb Tmobile.
    Biggest surprise was the Fingerprint scanner. Works really really well.
    Speakers are meh. I was surprised how average they are.
    Screen is well, leaps and bounds over IPS.

The build is honestly surprising. It's not bad at all. It isn't iPhone 6 level but definitely leaps and bounds over the S5/Note 3, and in part the Note 4.
    I can see how people are complaining about the thin glass in the back, doesn't feel as solid
    Ill withhold judgement on camera until I use it more.
    04-25-2015 05:45 PM
    White 32gb Tmobile.

The build is honestly surprising. It's not bad at all. It isn't iPhone 6 level but definitely leaps and bounds over the S5/Note 3, and in part the Note 4.
    I can see how people are complaining about the thin glass in the back, doesn't feel as solid
    I have an iPhone 6 and pretty much feel the same way. S6 build quality is really good but maybe just a hair behind apple. Apple has sapphire camera lens and home button. The S6 fingerprint reader is also very nice but not as good as the iphone. I have a little lag but that's to be expected with TW. Camera on the S6 beats the iPhone in every aspect. Battery on the S6 is better for me but there are so many people complaining about the S6 battery...I am reading posts about people using app killers to save battery on lollipop. Stay away from crap like that, it only hurts battery times in the end. Oh, I have used android and ios for years, I would take lollipop over ios 8 anytime.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-25-2015 06:01 PM
    White 32gb Tmobile.

Did you get the Edge or the regular GS6? Are you planning on keeping it long enough to decide if you are getting a case?
    04-25-2015 06:06 PM
    Did you get the Edge or the regular GS6? Are you planning on keeping it long enough to decide if you are getting a case?
    regular. Don't like the edge.
    No case for now. On my ip6 I use the midnight blue leather case from apple, however I often use it raw.
    04-25-2015 06:08 PM
    regular. Don't like the edge.
    No case for now. On my ip6 I use the midnight blue leather case from apple, however I often use it raw.
    Same here. One of the biggest complaints about the s5 was cheap build quality. Now that samsung has put out a beautiful build people still wrap it in huge plastic cases.....

04-25-2015 06:21 PM
    Did you get a wireless charging pad? After you have a chance to go through all the menus in the Settings, let us know. If you have any questions, you know where to find us.
    asanatheist likes this.
    04-25-2015 06:22 PM
    Did you get a wireless charging pad? After you have a chance to go through all the menus in the Settings, let us know. If you have any questions, you know where to find us.
    You do understand that he's been an AC member for two years right?

04-25-2015 06:25 PM
    Okay bad news, I am bit upset/disappointed.
    Let's just say lollipop+samsung+battery drain issue= makes me ready to give up android. (41% used up battery for barely 1 hour of actual use and 3 hrs of standby). It's garbage.
    Only reason why I don't box this device and return it to T-mobile because I promised myself if I got it, I would keep it and not sell it. Also if I do switch back to my iPhone I'd be forced to use Verizon.
    04-25-2015 10:33 PM
    I managed to minimize battery drain, 13hrs standby with only 9% of the battery used up. Standby is 1%.
    I think it's fixed for now albeit I had to shut off wifi calling and VOLTE.
    04-26-2015 08:21 AM
    I managed to minimize battery drain, 13hrs standby with only 9% of the battery used up. Standby is 1%.
    I'm sure T-Mobile will fix the issues soon.

But I have to ask, if you did go back to an iPhone, why must you go back to Verizon?

04-26-2015 09:49 AM
    I'm sure T-Mobile will fix the issues soon.

But I have to ask, if you did go back to an iPhone, why must you go back to Verizon?

I am sure it can be fixed. Hopefully sooner than later.
    iPhone 6 doesn't work well with T-mobile in my area. It often drops to 4g when there is LTE signal available. A simple reboot or network reset will fix it but that is seriously unnecessary. From what I gathered it's the antennas on the iPhone 6. I may be holding it wrong however. Lol.
    04-26-2015 10:02 AM
    I just switched from an iphone to s6 edge and I was experiencing bad cell standby also. But it seems to have gone away with turning off HD voice...
    04-26-2015 01:52 PM
    How do you turn this HD voice offf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-26-2015 03:25 PM
    Decided to get a replacement S6 to see if the battery issue can be fixed while keeping wifi call/VOLTE. If not. I am not sure. I love the phone but makes it difficult to work in my area due to the options being disabled.
    My T-mobile store claims the device is not defective and is normal for the S6. They still swapped it out.

I seriously hope I can get it to work.
    05-01-2015 04:07 PM