I haven't read much about this but wonder myself. Do these options effect battery longevity? It seems like not charging the regular way (standard speed USP) would overall stress the battery more but I am not sure if that's true, just my thought.

Does anyone have any info or reads about whether or not it has any effect?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-25-2015 07:35 PM
    It should not impact longevity. Lithium batteries can usually be charged at a "1C" rate. This means you can fill the battery from empty within about an hour, some lithium polymer batteries can go much faster, but that's a different animal. Samsung offers relatively inexpensive battery replacements too, which mitigates your risk.

ballzac likes this.
    04-25-2015 08:44 PM
    It shouldn't affect the longevity of the battery. It would be unwise at best to include the rapid charger in the box and the witless charging pad as an accessory with so much at stake. Not saying it couldn't happen but it seems unlikely.
    ballzac likes this.
    04-25-2015 09:54 PM
    It shouldn't affect the longevity of the battery. It would be unwise at best to include the rapid charger in the box and the witless charging pad as an accessory with so much at stake. Not saying it couldn't happen but it seems unlikely.
    This. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    04-26-2015 12:15 AM
    I just read an article that the fast charger is wrecking the accelerometer in the s6 edge. This is the cause of the screen rotation problems some are having. I hope this isn't an issue for the regular s6 too.

04-26-2015 06:11 AM
    I just read an article that the fast charger is wrecking the accelerometer in the s6 edge. This is the cause of the screen rotation problems some are having. I hope this isn't an issue for the regular s6 too.

Just saw that post on reddit. My guess is that the unit need to be returned and exchanged if a device reset doesn't work. Also call tech support,to,document the issue.
    04-26-2015 06:26 AM