Anyone having this problem as frequent as my wife and I. It happens like 15 times a day. Its almost as if I hang up the phone on the person. I know it isn't the network because I actually have better signal than I did with my S4 on Tmobile and I never dropped calls with that phone. This issue I think is software related I think. I did read somewhere on the forums that on verizon people said it was the VoLTE (HD calling) if so that sucks because I love HD calling. Let me know what you guys think.
    04-26-2015 01:59 AM
    Anyone having this problem as frequent as my wife and I. It happens like 15 times a day. Its almost as if I hang up the phone on the person. I know it isn't the network because I actually have better signal than I did with my S4 on Tmobile and I never dropped calls with that phone. This issue I think is software related I think. I did read somewhere on the forums that on verizon people said it was the VoLTE (HD calling) if so that sucks because I love HD calling. Let me know what you guys think.
    Try a reset. Definitely not normal. If it doesn't work, return and exchange it.
    04-26-2015 07:55 AM
    If you're on T-Mobile you can turn off VoLTE to see if it helps. For us on T-Mobile VoLTE doesn't mean HD calling like the folks on Verizon. You will still get HD voice even if you have it do the old standard of dropping back to just 4g (HSPA) while on a call.
    04-26-2015 11:32 AM
    Yes...same exact issue for me. VoLTE is off but I've tried it on too. Seems the phone needs a firmware update from T-Mobile. I've tracked it down to when the phone is handing off between towers and they are not both LTE...that's where the drop occurs, for some reason.
    04-26-2015 12:02 PM
    I hope Tmobile is aware of this issue. Alot of people think it is the network which is incorrect. This is a similar issue that happened years ago with other phones on AT&T and a software update fixed it.
    04-26-2015 04:32 PM
    Both me and my assistant have the same issue. The phone keeps dropping calls in places where I always have service. I tried everything and it's defiantly a software issue.
    04-27-2015 09:51 PM
    I hope Tmobile is aware of this issue. Alot of people think it is the network which is incorrect. This is a similar issue that happened years ago with other phones on AT&T and a software update fixed it.
    It happens with new things -- just like I have heard some Verizon users say that some calls start out sounding horrible till they re-call .. It is just bugs they have to work out.
    04-27-2015 10:20 PM
    Igork try turning off VoLTE in your phone app and see if that works. I haven't tried that yet but people on Verizon said it worked.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-27-2015 11:58 PM
    Igork try turning off VoLTE in your phone app and see if that works. I haven't tried that yet but people on Verizon said it worked.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Verizon users have to turn it off via their account as well -- but either way VoLTE works where I am at without many issues.
    Armand2REP likes this.
    04-28-2015 12:10 AM
    I have been fighting with my Galaxy S6 since I first got it. I'm now on my second handset, and still have the problems. I have turned off VoLTE, so it isn't that. And the calls drop almost always when I am talking, which is a major problem since I am in sales and generally doing presentations when the call drops. I'm given no warning when it drops, and in fact it looks like the call is still connected, and I just talk away while the people on the other end hear nothing. It's terrible. I thought it was a T-Mobile issue, since I had switched from Verizon to TMobile at the same time. Now I'm thinking it is the handset, based on all the research I'm doing. Disappointing.
    10-01-2015 10:47 AM
    I have been fighting with my Galaxy S6 since I first got it. I'm now on my second handset, and still have the problems. I have turned off VoLTE, so it isn't that. And the calls drop almost always when I am talking, which is a major problem since I am in sales and generally doing presentations when the call drops. I'm given no warning when it drops, and in fact it looks like the call is still connected, and I just talk away while the people on the other end hear nothing. It's terrible. I thought it was a T-Mobile issue, since I had switched from Verizon to TMobile at the same time. Now I'm thinking it is the handset, based on all the research I'm doing. Disappointing.
    Save trying a factory reset, you could have the carrier remove it from the network on the backend and then reconnect it. Since you've already turned off VoLTE, the last recourse would be to have it exchanged under warranty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    10-01-2015 11:43 AM