I've noticed that the last several times that I've been mucking around in the settings (esp. in the app manager), my battery life has increased dramatically for several hours afterward.

Easily fixed by a restart.

Anyone else notice this?

I wonder if this explains some of the inconsistent battery life some are reporting?

I typically get pretty good battery life. This morning, I went into the settings, app manager to disable the ANT services, and afterwards, battery life percentage used increased dramatically when I checked several hours later (with no other use). Restarted the phone (also decided to clear cache) and I'm now back to about 1.5% per hour battery drain on idle.

Could be a bug?
    04-26-2015 12:54 PM
    I've noticed that the last several times that I've been mucking around in the settings (esp. in the app manager), my battery life has increased dramatically for several hours afterward.

Easily fixed by a restart.

Anyone else notice this?

I wonder if this explains some of the inconsistent battery life some are reporting?

I typically get pretty good battery life. This morning, I went into the settings, app manager to disable the ANT services, and afterwards, battery life percentage used increased dramatically when I checked several hours later (with no other use). Restarted the phone (also decided to clear cache) and I'm now back to about 1.5% per hour battery drain on idle.

Could be a bug?
    What are ANT services?
    04-26-2015 01:12 PM
    What are ANT services?
    Google is your friend.

ANT Radio Service - THIS IS ANT

ANT Radio Service is a system service that was pre-installed by your device manufacturer or added as part of an Android update by your carrier and smartphone manufacturer* to allow the built-in ANT communication hardware already present in your mobile device to operate. It is similar to the system components that enable other forms of wireless connectivity on your phone (ie. WiFi, NFC) and will not run or use system resources unless you start an app that requires ANT wireless communication.

This system service, along with the ANT+ Plugins, enables other apps of your choice to communicate with ANT+ compatible products (system services cannot be deleted or launched directly). These other apps allow you do things like collect, transfer, and view your sport, health, and fitness data in real time on your mobile device. Please note: the compatible products that may be used with your mobile device will depend on the third party Android app you select.

*If this service is not pre-installed on your phone you may still be able to enable ANT+ communication. See ANT+ in Mobile Devices for more info.
    04-26-2015 01:35 PM
    Google is your friend.

ANT Radio Service - THIS IS ANT
    In other words, a huge battery suck!!!!!
    04-26-2015 02:19 PM
    In other words, a huge battery suck!!!!!
    Thats what they say. I decided to go ahead and disable it even though I generally get pretty decent battery life. But then battery use increased!!! Luckily, restarting fixed the issue.

This has happened to me a few times now after playing around with settings.

I'm wondering if this sort of thing is happening to others who are experiencing inconsistent battery life (I.e., good battery life one day, then crappy battery life another day).
    04-26-2015 02:23 PM
    Thats what they say. I decided to go ahead and disable it even though I generally get pretty decent battery life. But then battery use increased!!! Luckily, restarting fixed the issue.

This has happened to me a few times now after playing around with settings.

I'm wondering if this sort of thing is happening to others who are experiencing inconsistent battery life (I.e., good battery life one day, then crappy battery life another day).
    Yeah it seems to me that it's probably not a good idea to disable a radio on a phone which needs radios to do it's job.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-26-2015 02:35 PM
    This just in. If you just leave your phone off, you will retain battery!

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk
    Inders99 likes this.
    04-26-2015 07:12 PM