Galaxy S6 WiFi won't stay off

tompro53

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Had my Sprint gold 64gb S6 since the 12th and have noticed that when I turn off WiFi and get close to a place I've connected before it will automatically connect to it if anybody can help me figure how to get it to stop this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Settings/Connections/Menu button/Advanced. Turn off "Always allow scanning" and any "autoconnect" setting.

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Had my Sprint gold 64gb S6 since the 12th and have noticed that when I turn off WiFi and get close to a place I've connected before it will automatically connect to it if anybody can help me figure how to get it to stop this?

This is the Sprint Connections Optimizer. To turn off, you go to Settings>>Mobile Networks>>Connections Optimizer, where you can uncheck "Connections Optimizer"

RyanG220

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the info! I was noticing the same thing.. It wasn't a deal breaker or anything. Just something I was wondering about.

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
This is the Sprint Connections Optimizer. To turn off, you go to Settings>>Mobile Networks>>Connections Optimizer, where you can uncheck "Connections Optimizer"

Also, be sure to deselect connecting to partners wifi automatically. I noticed my S6 was still connecting automatically to Xfinity the other day because this was still checked.

Last edited:

tompro53

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the help

GregSPA

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I just tried turning the Sprint Connections Optimizer back on, then selected 'Clear EULA acceptance data', which should wipe out all of the networks that I have previously attached to.

Then, I shut the Connections Optimizer back off. So far, this has worked, and the wifi has stayed off.

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
She never had that problem with her iphone 5 or 5S on Sprint so like I said..welcome to Android

Sprint is responsible for the existence and installation of Connections Optimizer (trying to force users onto Wi-Fi to reduce network traffic). That's the problem, and it's not Android's, it's the carrier's.

klundgreen

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I am getting same thing. It really messes me up because I am in an area where the available wifi only connects to local servers and not on the internet. ARRGGGGHHHH!!!!

FvRWinter

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Hey, solution that just worked for me is going Settings>WiFi>More(Top right next to WiFi Direct)>Always Allow Scanning and turning it off. Otherwise it will scan for wifi networks based on location (e.g. if you always use your home WiFi) Hope this helps!

Tblends

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
That did not work. Any other suggestions? Ive turned off wifi in 2-3 places now, but it still tries to connect, and drains my batter. Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc